The MT-07 Forum

Wind Screens for a 2021

C.Overly

Hey Group,

Just recently picked up a 2021 MT07. A good chunk of my daily commute is around the 60 MPH range and the wind is motivating me to look into wind screens.

Aftermarket places seem to be completely out of stock or don't have 2021 options. There is way more options for the '17-'20 years.

So I'm curious if the mounting has changed on the 2021 models. 

Anyone mind measuring their bolt up and letting me know?

20210919_055807.jpg

Thanks for the reply!!

With as different as the headlight assemblies are, i was assuming things had changed.

Looks like i will have to wait for stock to catch up with demand.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, C.Overly said:

Looks like i will have to wait for stock to catch up with demand.

Or get creative.   :)  But  my experience with small windscreens is that they're not very helpful, at least to me.  I realize some guys like them.  I just move around in the seat until I'm balanced against the wind and roll with the buffeting if there is some.

• Like 1

I will agree with you. Most available windscreens are on the smaller side and I don't know how much impact they will have.

I'm currently shifting to find the sweet spot and settling. I've had a couple morning rides in the low 50s and it would be nice to cut down on the wind chill.

2 hours ago, C.Overly said:

I've had a couple morning rides in the low 50s and it would be nice to cut down on the wind chill.

Unless you add a large windshield and fairing, the way to do that is with gear.  My solution is a full suit.  Mine is a Joe Rocker "Survivor", which is very warm and fully waterproof.  There are lots of choices at various prices.

• 1 month later...

Well after a few hundred miles, the wind is decidedly not that bad. Once you get north of 70 it is pretty noticeable but very manageable. However the bike still looks slightly unfinished in the front. After a bit of shopping around I found this guy...

...fairly inexpensive and it best of all it was actually in stock!!

I think it does a good job extending the lines of the bike up to hide the dashboard and keys.

Thoughts???

After.jpg

Before.jpg

• Like 2