The MT-07 Forum

2019 MT-07 PV3 and Akra Ti WOW world of difference

Josh Rebecca

So i installed the Akra TI and the Power Vision 3 on my MT, at first I had some buyers remorse seeing as the PV3 had no tunes installed and the Akra ti was just barely louder than stock. I was really hoping for a easily removable baffle that did not require any drilling but it was welded. 

So began the process of grabbing tunes for the PCV and converting them over to the PV3 and playing with the tuning software to get a basic grasp of it. I remembered reading on here about someone contacting DynoJet and getting them to send them a tune. I figured what the heck i will email them about a tune for no DB killer in the Akra ti and will remove it if they send me a tune. 

2 days go by and I get a email back with the tune, now all I asked for was just a fuel tune but the guy that helped me went above and beyond, I got a Nice tune from them.

Fan temps dropped to 199 ON and 189 OFF 

Rev Limit nudged slightly higher 

Engine braking seems to be alot smoother 

no after burn (popping on decel) just a slight rumble

snappy off idle response with a quick hit of the throttle but can be smooth if you want

The akra TI on the other hand with no baffle is just a little excessive on the loud but i dont think it is much louder than my V-Star 650 with its baffled exhaust on it. Pretty sure my WR250R with the FMF Powercore 4 was louder, I think its a "I got used to the bike being so quiet with the stock system" surprise to the ears. 

May look into the MT09 Baffle or may just keep it loud have yet to make up my mind, but wow what a difference in the personality of the bike a tune and a exhaust can make. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Note: when I installed the Akra Ti (with baffle) it was also quiet. It got louder as it broke in. My riding buddy also noticed that it got louder over time. Give it time.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the carbon installed with no baffle. I can’t come to put the baffle back in but I’m going to be deaf soon lol. I just love the way it sounds and pops. I’ll be doing an ecu tune soon.