The MT-07 Forum

Golden hour (sunset)

00RAH

I went for a ride late arvo to a nearby carpark. When i arrived i saw a group of bikes sitting off to one side, i rode over to them and waved. Noone else was riding at the time. I rode away to another corner of the carpark and did a small wheel stand. All of a sudden i heard horns beep beeping behind me. I pull up and theres a young man on a motogp rocket trying to talk to me. I disconnect my headphones and say hi whats up? Please dont do that here. Why not? We dont want to get kicked out.. now at this point i get to tell my life story meanwhile this young mans backup arrived.. I didnt realise when he said we dont want to get kicked out he meant me too. No reason to kick them out for my mistakes. Next time ill say 'if anyone tries to kick you out, ill take the blame'. Thats the right thing to do. Ride safe

• Like 1

And they will still all get kicked out because of your behavior.   They have a spot where they can congregate as long as everyone behaves - that's hard to find.   Most people see a bunch of guys in cars or on bikes gathering in one spot as possible trouble.  A few stunts or disturbances justifies calling the police and complaints to the property owner.  You're nobody special to the owners of the lot, so passing the blame to you is a big "who cares, you're all gone!"   Been there, seen that.

When I was a teen we'd hang out in a car parts store parking lot on the main drag.  When some jerks tossed trash out and caused problems there was no isolating blame, no asking whose fault it was, everyone got tossed out.  After that, if we even pulled in briefly and stopped, the police would be there shortly to let us know the owners said "no trespassing after business hours", they had posted signs to that effect.  Same will happen to that group if you come in and screw around like you did.   Eventually we might get allowed back but if someone screwed around we'd get tossed out again.  At one point the local newspaper instigated the issue getting businesses to post "no trespassing after business hours" signs.   

The right thing to do would be to learn what the rules are to be able to hang out on that private property, the follow the rules.  If you don't want to do that,  do them a favor and take your routine elsewhere.   Get out of town on some back road where there are no houses and very little traffic to play. 

Fact is that is one reason some friends and I have dual sports, we can slide around and do wheelies on uninhabited seldom traveled rural roads.

Edited by klx678
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, klx678 said:

And they will still all get kicked out because of your behavior. 

Absolutely true.

• Like 1