The MT-07 Forum

Ogio tail bag

fastfredyb

I got the same one and pretty happy with it.I installed mine running straps under pass seat so you can actually remove it.

• Premium Member

Nice pics and good purchase! I also have this bag, and have been very happy with it. I bought a small luggage lock and drilled holes in the main zipper pulls to lock it shut. Minor deterrant, as the lock could be easily defeated, or the whole bag can just be taken since the straps have the quick disconnects, but I like to think it will help protect contents a bit from somebody who may want to open it on a whim.

When I drilled the pulls,there was metal under the rubberized coating (as hoped). Right before it fully bored through, the bit grabbed into the metal and spun it right out of my hand. No damage to the zipper, but if u do it just keep a good hold so the drill doesn't potentially twist and break something.

Nice pics and good purchase! I also have this bag, and have been very happy with it. I bought a small luggage lock and drilled holes in the main zipper pulls to lock it shut. Minor deterrant, as the lock could be easily defeated, or the whole bag can just be taken since the straps have the quick disconnects, but I like to think it will help protect contents a bit from somebody who may want to open it on a whim.  
When I drilled the pulls,there was metal under the rubberized coating (as hoped). Right before it fully bored through, the bit grabbed into the metal and spun it right out of my hand. No damage to the zipper, but if u do it just keep a good hold so the drill doesn't potentially twist and break something.

Thanks for the tip!!!

• Premium Member

I have the same bag. It fit so much in it! Also comes with a rain cover!!

I also run the straps under my pillion seat. I secure all four to a rock climbing carabiner.

It's so convenient my GF took it for herself. Ha.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Nice looking setup. I carry a really big daily bag with lunch, gym clothes, spare clothes, and other assorted stuff and strap it down with bungee chords.

How is that wind screen working out for you? Does it catch a lot of cross winds?

I've been using this: Sw-Motech Tailbag

Would rather recommend this one since it looks crazy sexy on my bike, as well as on my back! Besides it's pretty aerodynamic so regardless the weight of your bag, you still have the best shape on the wind.

I have the Ogio tail bag. What I do is take a carribeaner and loop all straps in it under the seat. That way you can tighten them all.

Archived