The MT-07 Forum

Hi from Kentucky

cassecou

I can't find this bike anywhere. Did the US only received 10 FZ07 or what?
The Yamaha web site is not helping much.

• Global Moderator

Hi cassecou,

Welcome, glad you joined. I hope you will like it here. Members here are eager to help you out with all you questions.

I live in Canada so I can't say much about the availability south of the border, but the bike is just out and are quite rare to be in stock at the dealers. They are out there, but you might have to travel a bit if you want to see one live now. Where are you located? Maybe other forum members are able to point you in the right direction.

I can't find this bike anywhere. Did the US only received 10 FZ07 or what? The Yamaha web site is not helping much.

Where in Kentucky, might wanna take a trip to Lexington, Louisville, maybe even Cincinnati or Nashville...by the time I am ready to buy, dealers in Nashville might be out :)

if you cant find the bike in your area you might have to take a little road trip. there are dealers in ohio that are carrying the bike. there is a dealer in Cinci that im pretty sure will be carrying it. The name is escaping me right now but if you do a search on cycle trader you will find them. good luck.

A road trip might be a necessity. I live in Eastern Ky, in the middle of nowhere, but still, no Yamaha dealer has it in a 100 miles around.
I come from the crotch rocket's world, and a few years back, my wife asked me to sell my Ninja before I end up in jail or killing myself.
You see, cops are still rare in my area, so high speed and canyon carving through the Appalachian was what kept my adrenaline going.
So the FZ-09, that everyone carries, is out of question, slightly too enjoyable. The FZ-07 on the other hand, seams to be a nice little fit. But again, challenging to find it around.
I will have to spend my Saturday calling far away dealers.

A road trip might be a necessity. I live in Eastern Ky, in the middle of nowhere, but still, no Yamaha dealer has it in a 100 miles around. I come from the crotch rocket's world, and a few years back, my wife asked me to sell my Ninja before I end up in jail or killing myself.
You see, cops are still rare in my area, so high speed and canyon carving through the Appalachian was what kept my adrenaline going.
So the FZ-09, that everyone carries, is out of question, slightly too enjoyable. The FZ-07 on the other hand, seams to be a nice little fit. But again, challenging to find it around.
Awesome bro, my family is actually from Boyd Co. (Ashland area) 
yeah, you might just have to take a trip to Lexington for one then :( :(

A road trip might be a necessity. I live in Eastern Ky, in the middle of nowhere, but still, no Yamaha dealer has it in a 100 miles around. I come from the crotch rocket's world, and a few years back, my wife asked me to sell my Ninja before I end up in jail or killing myself.
Lexington is 2 hours away, so I tried Charleston WV (1 1/2 hour). Called, but I will be darn, they close at 6pm weekdays and 3pm on Saturday :o Are those guys running a real business with banker hours??? So I went on their web site. It show them having the FZ in stock. I sent them an email. Will see.

Lexington is 2 hours away, so I tried Charleston WV (1 1/2 hour). Called, but I will be darn, they close at 6pm weekdays and 3pm on Saturday :o Are those guys running a real business with banker hours??? So I went on their web site. It show them having the FZ in stock. I sent them an email. Will see.

Yeah, I think that is most motorcycle dealer hours. I went to a dealer in Nashville, they have pics of all 3, all they had was one white one. 
I am hoping they learned from the sales of the FZ09, and make the FZ07 more readily available

I would like to add a few things for newbies interested in this bike, or any bikes.
1. find out through forums if the bike vibrates. Your hands will kill you after a few hours drive if it does. The MT-07 (UK forum) seams to say the bike is OK.
2. Get a luggage rack. Its the most "convenient" accessory.
3. Be aware, most Jap bikes have mirrors made to admire your elbows. You are going to have to extend them, or replace them.
4. When buying a new bike, many dealers will throw in a free (off brand) helmet.
5. If you like to ride for hours on, buy a gel seat, it's the cheapest way to show your butt some love.
What do you guys think about adding on that list?

• Global Moderator

Never heard of a Airhawk before. Cool. Cruizin, do you have experience with it?

@cassecou: I can tell you from experience that there is not much vibration in the handle bars.

As for luggage rack. Bungee cord works too (and no it doesn't cover the rear light. I opened the bag and is moved backwards).

IMG_0912.jpg

Never heard of a Airhawk before. Cool. Cruizin, do you have experience with it? 
@cassecou: I can tell you from experience that there is not much vibration in the handle bars.

As for luggage rack. Bungee cord works too (and no it doesn't cover the rear light. I opened the bag and is moved backwards).

IMG_0912.jpg

I like the bungee cords, every one should have a set. Is there enough room on the bike to set up some kind of anti theft alarm?

• Global Moderator
...Is there enough room on the bike to set up some kind of anti theft alarm?
I think so. There is a small storage compartment under the passenger seat with a tool set which doesn't take up much space. I am sure you would be able to rig something in there.

Archived