The MT-07 Forum

Mouth guards for track riding?

seven

I have been to 3 track days now and I saw that some of the riders will wear mouth guards on track. I did a search here and don't see anything about it so was wondering if anyone here that takes their bike to the track uses a mouth guard and if so, what do you use and is there anything I should watch for when picking one. 

I was so under prepared for looking at a mouth guard before hitting my local sports shop. When I was in high school I got when when I (very briefly) tried out for the football team and had one of the simple boil and bite ones. Little did I realize that 30 years later there are 100 different kinds so I have no idea what I really need. Honestly, I am not 100% sure I understand what it really accomplishes. Please educate me.

Shawn

Basically keeps a person's chicklets from bashing together from the violence of an off/impact/crash. Just like in football or other contact sport, mouth guards are intended to prevent secondary injury and minimize the risk of getting knocked out and/or concussion. 

Some wear them, some don't. 

We've discussed them for riding offroad. In long technical sections I find myself grinding my teeth. I could see me doing that a lot on a road course.

mouthpieceguy.com

use to be able to catch him at some boxing events.  Best in the business. You do the full impression clay or whatever it is and send it back. If you lose your mouthpiece or its gets damaged somehow youll have the final hard impression for a redo. It will last probably forever as long as your teeth dont change. Still use mine from 9 years ago. Before i got his i tried a handful of others OTC boil types. Nothing compares.

• Like 2

Will check out mouthpieceguy.com and by chance I have a dentist appointment this morning so I am going to ask them too. I suspect the dentist will be way more expensive though.