The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha R7 Slipper Clutch to MT07 2019

Shyan

Slipper Clutch always my plan on my MT07..

The R7 part is available in here:

Shop online for OEM Clutch parts that fit your 2022 Yamaha YZFR7 (YZFR7NB), search all our OEM Parts or call at...

I did some cross check with my MT07 2019 (I hope the spare number are more less like my country spec) and I need below parts:

1. BOSS,Clutch BEB-16371-00-00

2. Screw, Spring 2CR-16337-00-00 X3

3. Spring.,Cushion, 1TD-16383-01-00

4.Pressure Plate Assy,BEB-16350-00-00

5.Spring, Compression,BEB-16173-00-00 X3

6.Plate, Pressure 2, B90-16352-00-00

About the clutch part, I have totally no idea.. some has the correct part number but some dont :(

• Like 2

That's the first thing that came to mind when reading the spec sheet on the R7.  I know the aftermarket had options for my SV650 and it was $800-$1000.

Curious what factory parts will add up to...

I like where this is heading. I checked with the dealer last month and they told me the supply for half the needed parts were unavailable both in the united states and Japan. I assume they are probably just making enough to keep up with production demand. 

There are supply problems all over the world - mostly Covid driven.  Solutions seem to be thin on the ground, so it is a waiting game.

Just do it! 

10 hours ago, Jerzee said:

An enterprising 'vendor' should put together a 'drop in' package...

Ummm….have you not heard of Yoyodyne or Suter ? Both make badass slipper clutch’s for the FZ/MT 07

M. Hausknecht

Having recently tried to rebuild two 07 motors, I can tell you OEM parts availability is very limited right now in the US. Just as one example, head bolts for the 07 are use once; but there aren't any to be had from Yamaha in the US. Zolan was kind enough to sell me one set he had but I've had two sets on order with Yamaha for over 8 weeks; there is no ETA. Many many other parts aren't available either. Yamaha cites supplier and shipping issues generally as responsible for parts shortages. FWIW, the Yoyodyne and Sutter clutches are high quality and very effective. Properly ridden, they don't avoid the need to blip on downshifts, but they do make corner entry while braking and downshifting a smoother and safer affair.

1 hour ago, M. Hausknecht said:

Having recently tried to rebuild two 07 motors, I can tell you OEM parts availability is very limited right now in the US. Just as one example, head bolts for the 07 are use once; but there aren't any to be had from Yamaha in the US. Zolan was kind enough to sell me one set he had but I've had two sets on order with Yamaha for over 8 weeks; there is no ETA. Many many other parts aren't available either. Yamaha cites supplier and shipping issues generally as responsible for parts shortages. FWIW, the Yoyodyne and Sutter clutches are high quality and very effective. Properly ridden, they don't avoid the need to blip on downshifts, but they do make corner entry while braking and downshifting a smoother and safer affair.

But Yoyodyne and Sutter clutch does not comes with the clutch plate itself or it can use back the original clutch plate that comes out from our bike? The part supply in Malaysias till fine (Worst case I just order from Japan website..)although the Covid status is serious...20k case daily and we are only 32M population..

4 hours ago, Randy said:

Ummm….have you not heard of Yoyodyne or Suter ? Both make badass slipper clutch’s for the FZ/MT 07

Yes. Saw few around 900+ and i rather go for OEM.

15 hours ago, Jerzee said:

An enterprising 'vendor' should put together a 'drop in' package...

Exactly! I will love to have it from the 'Vendor' if they make it as a set! Save me a-lot problem!

Edited by Shyan

Maybe if / when the shipment of parts begins to flow again, this can be a possibility. For now, enjoying the bike as it is...  future mods may be suspension related as budget / time allow...

M. Hausknecht

Yoyodyne slipper clutch uses the stock plates and fibers. I suspect the Sutter does as well but I haven't checked.

If I rode my 07 on the street, I'd replace a bunch of other things before I bothered with a slipper clutch, all more important IMO: shock, fork internals, brake lines, exhaust, airbox and filter, tires, master cylinder, rear sets, handlebar, sprockets and chain (520).  Stuff like slipper clutches and quick-shifters are useful on-track but don't offer much beyond "gee whiz  on the street.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

Yoyodyne slipper clutch uses the stock plates and fibers. I suspect the Sutter does as well but I haven't checked.

If I rode my 07 on the street, I'd replace a bunch of other things before I bothered with a slipper clutch, all more important IMO: shock, fork internals, brake lines, exhaust, airbox and filter, tires, master cylinder, rear sets, handlebar, sprockets and chain (520).  Stuff like slipper clutches and quick-shifters are useful on-track but don't offer much beyond "gee whiz  on the street.  

Ok thanks for the info. Yes.. once i get my new bike will straight get below mod:
1. Front Fork internal modification + Rear shock modification

2. Racing Footrest (Put it back from my old 07 to new 07)

3. K&N air filter

4. handlebar (Mod from R25)

5. Exhaust (Most probably original exhaust de-cat, weld link pipe + put in yoshi/other brand )

6. Get it tune

On the track, a slipper clutch made a VERY big difference. The FZ/MT motor has mega engine braking. It's almost a must have addition for safe track use.