The MT-07 Forum

New OEM rear seat cover/cowl

Guest August BB

Guest August BB

So this is new... at least to me.

LINK

220 bucks... Only in black or liquid graphite gray.

So what do you guys think?  Definitely looks much more solid than the ermax one, but lacking in color choices.

Sorry but I don't see much difference than the back seat itself.
It doesn't pop-out because all the back part of the bike is black.

$_20.JPG

Guest August BB

Oh yeah, that definitely blends in too much. I can only see it work with liquid graphite color which I'm assuming would be glossy like the rest of the gray liquid graphite parts.

• Global Moderator

It still looks like a seat. I do not see the point of it. If it was red I think it would look good though.

• Premium Member

I have one. Makes it look more subtlety aggressive, if that makes any sense, lol. Keep in mind if you order it from Europe it'll say MT-07 and if you order it from Canada or US it'll say FZ-07.

I got mine from Canada (thanks GURU) before they became available in the US.

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

I could see the linked one the OP posted looking good, but the one @jon posted looks exactly like the seat. I see no difference really at all. I would never know it wasnt a seat unless I knew better. I'd save the cash for exhaust or something else personally. BUT, the graphite may look legit on the graphite bikes.

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

SouthernSpeed

I don't know why they made it so big, it looks bigger than the seat does. I do not think it looks sleek enough. Had on on my R6 and it looked super clean, not like this at all. I hope another company steps up where Yamaha has missed out.

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I think it looks great, does it provide more storage?
Pretty sure it sits on top of the OEM passenger seat, so no. No more storage space would be provided with this.

Archived