The MT-07 Forum

Accessory output - Heated grips and USB not working

Trond

I have heating grips that are connected to the Accessory output. Bought an splitter to connect a USB charger to the same Accessory output. Worked simultaneously for 5 seconds, now neither works… Both Accessory fuse in the box and glas fuse for the grips seems to be ok. Are there other fuses that may have burst? What could be wrong? 2021 mod.

Splitter: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253956997513?hash=item3b21044189:g:pkQAAOSw1AhbrTf9

I don't have a 2021 model an no good documents yet, but I think you should also take a look at the 3 A "Terminal fuse 1".

I think I remember that the old 2A AUX fuse of older models was changed to a 3A "Terminal fuse 1". 

3 Ampere may not be enough current for heating grips and USB charging (maybe even QC?) at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ElGonzales said:

I don't have a 2021 model an no good documents yet, but I think you should also take a look at the 3 A "Terminal fuse 1".

I think I remember that the old 2A AUX fuse of older models was changed to a 3A "Terminal fuse 1". 

3 Ampere may not be enough current for heating grips and USB charging (maybe even QC?) at the same time.

Thank you sir! You are 100% correct!
It was the «Terminal fuse 1». Now everything is working as it should. I will not be using the heating and USB at the same time going forward.

I am glad you solved the problem.

You can use the switched accessory output to control a relay, which is connected directly to the battery (with a big fuse in line for security, 10A for example!)

Then you connect all your stuff to the output of this relay without any worries about the power consumption.

Keep in mind: 3.0 A x 12.8 V = 36 Watt.

That means, heating grips with more than 36 Watt might already be a too big load to a 3.0 A fuse.  A running engine will raise the bar a little bit.

Edited by ElGonzales