The MT-07 Forum

Tool kits that come with the FZ 07

Geteup

So i searched and didnt see anything specifying what exactly is supposed to come in the tool kit on the bike. The reason i am wondering is I have about 115 miles on her and coming out of work yesterday i noticed an excessive amount of slack in the chain. So i checked when i got home and sure enough, about 3-3.25 in. of play. No big deal, ill just grab the tools out of the tool kit and tighten it on up. I pull open the kit and the first thought is "where the heck are all of my tools?" I assumed there would at least be enough in the kit to adjust the chain, am i missing something or are the 2 allen keys, screwdriver and handle in the seat and the spanner wrench, handle and helmet ext. all that is supposed to be there? The 05 R1 that  i had had all the tools necessary should the need arise to do the adjusting on the road. I think thats why i was assuming.....

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

Yep, that is all it comes with. You can also double check with the manual. The included tools are described. Yeah, it is not the tool kit that bikes have come with in the past.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

That sounds about right.............

Illegitimi non carborundum

I ran into the same problem. The chain stretched considerably within the first 200 miles. I paid the dealer $20 to adjust it since I was there for the recall anyway.

Gotta save weight some how!
It's more like . . . Let's save some money, and at the same time help out the dealerships so they can charge $20 for a 5 minute job. Also, we now come from a society that is not use to working with mechanical things and don't have the skill set to do many things that 10-15 years ago almost everyone did just as a matter routine maint. 

I ran into the same problem. The chain stretched considerably within the first 200 miles. I paid the dealer $20 to adjust it since I was there for the recall anyway.
My dealer wouldn't have charged me anything for a simple chain adjust, especially on a bike I just bought from them. 

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

My dealer wouldn't have charged me anything for a simple chain adjust, especially on a bike I just bought from them.
I agree, they should have done that if it was already on the lift..... and thanks for the responses:), i thought for sure i was just missing a few.

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

Chain adjustment shouldn't be an extra cost in a regular maintenace. It's something dealer services are obliged to do. But if you're going in for an adjustment only, don't know about that.

You don't live in Las Vegas. Nothing here is free.

It has nothing to do with can or can't. I hadn't noticed it was that loose until I got there. They said they could take care if it, and I said OK. Problem solved. Would I have appreciated the service being complimentary? Of course. But I could have also told them not to do it and just waited until I got home. I don't mind paying for convenience.

Archived