The MT-07 Forum

Standard clamp mounted Sena 20/30/50 on an RF-1400?

DewMan

• Premium Member

Has anyone used the standard Sena 20/30/50 clamp mount on the RF-1400 yet?

I've read that it's a bit more difficult to mount the clamp but not impossible. I've seen the velcro  mount connection used in a video and there's no way I'd use a Velcro mount.

I'm looking to replace my almost 5 yr old, but well loved, RF-1200 and I'm looking to possibly replace it with the RF-1400 and want to make sure it's going to fit my Sena and my generic action camera before I drop the $$ it's gonna cost.

I look forward to input from those with experience.

Thank you for your time and attention.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Hey Dew, I have the RF1400 with the Sena Spider ST1 unit. Not sure which clamp that uses. Let me know if you want any more detail or pics. Got it installed at CycleGear when I bought it

PXL_20210817_021610527.jpg

PXL_20210817_021616410.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, goshe22 said:

Hey Dew, I have the RF1400 with the Sena Spider ST1 unit. Not sure which clamp that uses. Let me know if you want any more detail or pics. Got it installed at CycleGear when I bought it

Thanks @goshe22 👍

The more I research it the less I feel it will be an issue.

What helmet did you use previously and how does the RF-1400 compare?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Let me preface with the fact I only started riding 2 yrs ago and have a bit over 10k miles so this is my limited experience.

That said I had an Icon Airflite previously and I have to admit I wasn't initially as wowed with the RF1400 as maybe I was expecting. The fit and finish is better than the Icon of course, but I was maybe expecting something more. I initially had to adjust the visor plates so that I was getting better/more solid clicks between each setting, I even called Shoei to see if this was normal (it pretty much just flopped through the last couple steps of the visor so like from midway through to the bottom it felt very loose). Doing that made it so I could easily slip a post it note through the top visor seam when closed. I've since ridden with it through a lot of rain and haven't had issues, but when I compared it to my much cheaper Airflite it's just stuff I didn't have to worry about if that makes sense.

In either case, if you have any specific questions or want me to take any pics/videos of anything you're curious about just let me know and I'll do my best to oblige.

• Thanks 1