The MT-07 Forum

Givi Tankbag

cruzian3

Has anyone installed a Givi tank lock tankbag on their 07?

My Z900 came with the flange so I invested in a small tankbag for it and now I wanna be able to use the same tankbag on both bikes. 

I wanna know if anyone has bought the Givi xs307 and what their thoughts were.   Is it too big? Does it get in the way while riding?  Overall opinion of it?

I have a givi st602 on a bf36 mount, and it doesn't get in my way at all. I had a micro tank bag on my last bike, and I like the bit of extra size the 602 has, though I don't think I'd want anything bigger. I do have to remove the bag to fill the tank, which I had to do with my last one as well, but I was hoping the offset mount wouldn't require that. Maybe a differently shaped tank bag wouldn't get in the way, or maybe its possible to re-orient the fill opening.

Hard to know if your larger bag would get in the way at all, I'd say its worth a shot

Edited by ducarmont
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the smallest Givi tanklock bag available.  It leaves no room between you and the bag.   I'm gonna get saddle bags instead of a larger tank bag.

As mentioned above, you still gotta remove the bag when filling up cuz the key hitting the bag will prevent the fuel cap from opening all the way. 

20210823_181118.jpg

• Like 1

Ravensthorpe
On 8/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, cruzian3 said:

This is the smallest Givi tanklock bag available.  It leaves no room between you and the bag.   I'm gonna get saddle bags instead of a larger tank bag.

As mentioned above, you still gotta remove the bag when filling up cuz the key hitting the bag will prevent the fuel cap from opening all the way. 

20210823_181118.jpg

I have the same exact bag and set up. You need to install the adapter the other way gives you more room and let's you use key to fuel up without taking off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ravensthorpe said:

I have the same exact bag and set up. You need to install the adapter the other way gives you more room and let's you use key to fuel up without taking off.

@Ravensthorpe would you mind sending a pic of the adapter with the bag off the bike.  I'm not sure what you mean by installing it the other way.