The MT-07 Forum

What coolant do you use

RyanS93

I'm planning for a big winter service 20k mile service and one of the changes I will be doing is coolant.

What's your coolant choice?

Kinda partial to Amsoil but I'm open to others if there's reason for it. 

Civiltechyyc

I switched from OEM to Engine Ice this year. Bike still runs great and keeps it's temperature when at a standstill in hot weather and heavy traffic. It really came down to what was available at my local bike shop and what I read on fz07.org.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like OEM also. Removes all the compatibility variables, no flushing rituals, affordable and supports both Yamaha and my local dealership - two places I REALLY want to thrive. They're the ones that make my toys possible. 

And the OEM coolant does absolutely nothing wrong. These radiators are huge and the engines just don't make enough horsepower to create cooling issues. Nothing wrong with other coolants at all, just don't feel like you're bike is missing out by "only" using OEM coolant. 

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

And the OEM coolant does absolutely nothing wrong.

I doubt if other coolants actually do anything better anyway.  The only reason I know of to use something different is if you're taking the bike to a track and the track requires it.

• Like 1

Motul Motocool Expert ... because my local maintenance parts dealer had it, there was a MT 07 picture on the bottle and I wanted to flush the system with clear water anyway. Hasn't killed the bike since 06/2018.