The MT-07 Forum

Xentec Xenon HIDs blew out after only 200 miles.

Guest August BB

Guest August BB

So my Xentec ballast or bulb failed after only about 200 miles installed.  I don't know which one it is that failed since my other pair didn't even work out of the box which I just threw out when I installed back in Oct, so I can't test it.

Then I decided to do a google search (I know, its terrible, usually I google search before buying something, but this wasn't the case) to find a decent amount of negativity on these and most (if not all) ebay made in china xenon HID kits.

Well, I'm out only 28 bucks, so it wasn't bad but you definitely get what you pay for.  Looks like I need to actually spend 80-100 bucks on a decent set of xenon HIDs.

Good news is that was the official last riding day when it happened, I put my bike down for winter yesterday so I'll buy a decent set come spring.

• Global Moderator

Too bad to hear that happened to you. Good thing it was not in the middle of a night ride. Thanks for the heads up on those bulbs. I am sure you saved a few people some trouble and money.

Too bad to hear that happened to you. Good thing it was not in the middle of a night ride. Thanks for the heads up on those bulbs. I am sure you saved a few people some trouble and money.
i run hids in all my vehicles and always keeps stock bulbs somewhere in the car for such occasions could throw one under the seat easy i bet .

Search for kbcarstuf.com they sell nice quality HID Xenon kits for both cars & motorcycles i have purchased from them before all way back to Mexico, They are based in Canada.

Cheers, Mike

The retro fit source is highly recommended for HID/xenon upgrades. Ive been running a morimoto ballasts, and bi-xenon projectors for about 3 years in a daily driver with no issues.

• Global Moderator

Let us know how they fit. I bet you could sell the other one here, or do they share a ballast? It is hard to tell from the website.

Nope, they're just like HID kits with their own ballast and harness. When I end up getting it, i'll probably hang onto the 2nd set for a while as a backup. Hoping to get my bike sometime this spring, but i'll have to wait and see how finances pan out. I may end up getting a bike in Feb/Mar when it's still too cold to ride, so I'll use that time to do a few mods, including the LED headlight kit. Since my plans are months out, maybe somebody else will pick up one of these kits and be the guinea pig. I've had VLED's LED bulbs in many of my cars, including my current Dodge Charger. I currently have some of their OEM fitment fog light bulbs, license plate bulbs, and all my interior bulbs and have been very happy with their products.

Archived