The MT-07 Forum

Hordpower intake - road test video

stickshift

I just came across this video (not mine) that compares the road performance of the Hordpower intake. It's not an exhaustive, thorough test by any means, but it does give a good idea of what to expect after you've fitted it and tuned the fuelling to suit it (PCV or ECU tune).

I have one on my bike and it makes a significant improvement to top end power. On the track now it's far more eager to hit the rev limiter, and provides a lot more entertainment in the upper rev range. A lot of thought has gone into the design of the intake, the CNC cut rounded bellmouths are a work of art. Quality product.

Thought this might be interesting for some that were considering the upgrade.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Thank you for posting... I've never really been a "numbers guy". I kind of glaze over looking at Dyno charts, and lose interest at a very rapid rate. I just can't wrap my head around a chart? I have the Hordpower intake, Akra Ti exhaust, and a 2WDW flash..... I can tell you first hand that it really pulls HARD!!!! That being said, a more competent track rider than myself could probably pull better lap times than me on a "stock" bike 🤣. My point being, numbers on a Dyno chart, don't factor in the human element. I consider it "bench-racing"..... In the real world, the rider is the greatest variable.

Anyone that is even considering the Hordpower intake, exhaust, and fuel tuning- DO IT!!!!  I had the set-up with the PCV (with Hords map), and I eventually went with the 2WDW flash. I think the power was about the same either way. I prefer the ECU flash, because it just makes the bike do everything better 😎. Whatever route you choose, you really can't lose?. The Hordpower intake was by far the BEST $300 I have spent on my 07-

• Like 4

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member

I Agee with what Cornerslider said, numbers and graphs are one thing, real world feel is another. I also have the Hord Airbox with his PCV tune and the Akra Ti exhaust. Worth every penny. I just did another track day yesterday and I was thinking all day about how much I love this bike. I love the torque and the way it pull out of the corners. The bike pulls all the way to redline.  Plus the sound is intoxicating. 

Ed

• Like 2

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good"