The MT-07 Forum

Bent Frame mt 07

faora2020

Hope your all doing good, I was recently hit by a distracted driver and the bike had some broken parts , among them what concerns me is the bent frame, my insurance however has agreed to repair the motorcycle, how safe would repairing a bent chassis of a motorcycle be in terms of riding. Should I ask them to write off the motorcycle, or go ahead with the repairs. 

mt07.jpg

M. Hausknecht

Well, if the frame is truly bent, the bike should be totaled. From the photo it appears the swing arm is badly bent. The swing arm can be replaced fairly easily, so by itself, that isn't a big deal. Is there other damage?

• Like 1

appreciate the reply, other than that there is just the fairing being scraped and lights broken. The workshop told me they are going to strip the bike and send the frame for alignment.

A good frame shop can make it as good or better than new.  Of course the trick is finding the good frame shop.

• Like 1

Kinda surprising to hear of a shop straightening a bike on an insurance claim. It's not a bad job, just never always seen bikes written off as totaled when the frame gets damaged. Curious to see how this all turns out. 

Regardless of all that, glad to hear you're still with us after what must have been a scary encounter. Hope you were seriously hurt ✌️