Sign in to follow this  
fastfredyb

Do I have to do anything else after I install an exhaust.

fastfredyb
I have never added an exhaust system before. I am thinking of adding the Yoshimura exhaust but I am trying to crunch all my numbers.
My questions is do I need to add anything else to the bike in addition to the exhaust.

GAZ
A fuel controller is not required for a Yoshi exhaust, but will only help the performance.

Most exhausts out now do not require the additional fuel controller but some of the full exhaust systems with the DB killer (baffle) removed will require it due to the increased A/F ratio.
  • Like 1

hobbs
Like @GAZ said, not necessary according to Yoshimura. If you decide to add a fuel controller at a later date, you'll be pleasantly surprised however.
  • Like 1

Everything went braap.

carcrusher1978
Sup Fred...which yoshi exhaust are you considering buying, with or without catalytic converter?
if with out...were will you be buying it from..CA is a pain when it comes to getting these exhausts
thanks,
carcrusher1978

onuro
Hey guys, to clear things up: as long as the exhaust you bought has a connection to the lambda (oxygen) sensor, your bike will be just fine. The catalytic convertor is only the thing to make it street legal to pass the inspection. Nothing related to the health of your bike.

And for me, I've been hunting for an Akrapovic carbon +6hp-5kilos! (not the titanium)

GAZ
Most states do not require inspection here in the USA for motorcycles. You can basically do whatever you like to your exhaust. I'm fairly confident also that even states that require inspection do no break down your exhaust and check for a catalytic converter or run your bike for 'gross polluter' status. There is no point in having a catalytic converter in place besides avoiding getting a fuel controller.