The MT-07 Forum

New Member from Maryland

howlinhoss

howlinhoss

Hi All,

New member, Ninja 300 rider, FZ-07 fan, and possibly a soon to be FZ-07 owner.

Like many if you I was first interested in the FZ-09. Fell in love with its price, specs and hooligan nature. Then the FZ-07 came out and to my surprise the looks were even better but I was not to happy about the unadjustable front suspension. I could not decide which I wanted. Sat and looked at both bikes recently and I think I have decided on the FZ-07. It has the power I want and more than I would ever need.

I am currently a Ninja 300 rider and I have a tough decision to make. Switch to the FZ-07 or keep both bikes. The 300 puts a smile on my face every time I ride it and it is a hoot at the track, but I have always been interested in naked bikes.

If any of you are ex-300 or 250 riders I would love to hear your ride comparison.

I look forward to being part of this community.

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum. I cannot help you with the bike decision, but why not keep the 300 for a couple of months and see if you ever ride it. I suspect you will end up mostly on the FZ-07, but if you can afford to putting off the decision for a bit seems like a good idea.

• Global Moderator

Hi there, Welcome to FZ07.org ! Great community, great bike what more do you want !

I had a Yamaha WR250X before my FZ-07 and it was the funnest bike I had ever owned.... until my 07 showed up.

I have owned other (bigger) bikes before and I just loved the lightness, flick-ability and pureness of the WR and I thought that I would never sell it. The key fun factor is probably weight. A light bike not only performs better, it handles better to is generally easier to use.
But the FZ not only delivers the same feel, it tackles the limitations the WR had (like lack of power). If I had kept the WR, I am sure it would be collecting dust.

Killafornia

Welcome howlinhoss! I just went from a Ninja 250R to an FZ-07. I dont think ur gonna be using ur Ninja 300 after u get the F7-07. It has pretty much everything that a 300 has but much much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just test rode an fz-07. I am in love. I put down a deposit for a graphite 07 and it comes at the end of the month. I also decided on my ride I cannot get rid of my 300. They are different bikes that fulfill different aspects of my riding. I am really excited and the end of the month can't come soon enough.

Guest ybcheese
Just test rode an fz-07. I am in love. I put down a deposit for a graphite 07 and it comes at the end of the month. I also decided on my ride I cannot get rid of my 300. They are different bikes that fulfill different aspects of my riding. I am really excited and the end of the month can't come soon enough.

That's killer, congrats.

Archived