The MT-07 Forum

Stainless Steel Rhino Moto Bar End Mirror Adapters

Triple Jim

Triple Jim

I was waiting for the black Rhino Moto mirror adapters to come back in stock at Rhino, and decided to ask what was meant by "Stainless Steel Finish" for the silver colored option.  Steffen answered very quickly, and said they're actually solid stainless steel with no other finish.  I'd way prefer solid stainless to powder coated carbon steel, so I ordered a pair.  If I want them to be black, I'll paint them, but they'll never chip and rust.  These are the adapters that thread into the stock handlebar, and I got the Gen 2 type.   I'll add a review when I get them, but I don't expect they will be anything less than they're advertised to be.

0236-001.jpg?fit=450%2C373&ssl=1&w=640

These bar ends are the next generation of our mirror mounts designed specifically for Yamahas that have stock barends that...

I'm a big fan of stainless parts on vehicles.  As an example, the saddle bag supports I made for my MT:

saddle_bag_supports.jpg

Edited by Triple Jim

I got the adapters this morning.  They're beautifully machined stainless steel, with an accurate 7/8" section for standard bar-end mirrors.  Once installed you  just see a narrow ring of shiny stainless.  For now I have a pair of cheap eBay mirrors on them.  We'll see if I like them or if I want to try something different.

stainless_mirror_adapter_1024.jpg

stainless_mirror_adapter_with_mirror_1024.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
Christopher_Thomas
On 7/10/2021 at 6:48 PM, Triple Jim said:

I got the adapters this morning.  They're beautifully machined stainless steel, with an accurate 7/8" section for standard bar-end mirrors.  Once installed you  just see a narrow ring of shiny stainless.  For now I have a pair of cheap eBay mirrors on them.  We'll see if I like them or if I want to try something different.

stainless_mirror_adapter_1024.jpg

stainless_mirror_adapter_with_mirror_1024.jpg

Was thinking of getting these or CRG billet bar ends for my mirrors. glad to see it worked for you. I don't know what to get lol the crg ones are cheaper but the rhinos are way nicer 

6 minutes ago, Christopher_Thomas said:

Was thinking of getting these or CRG billet bar ends for my mirrors. glad to see it worked for you. I don't know what to get lol the crg ones are cheaper but the rhinos are way nicer 

Will the CRG adapters work with the threaded inserts in our stock bars?

Christopher_Thomas
3 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

I heard they would because, theoretically, the wedges just spread out as your tightening them so they should work. I might try them out but if they don't I'm going to buy these ones because these for sure work. Figured I'd just return them if they didn't.

Another thing to consider is the weight of the stock bar ends that were designed to reduce bar vibration.  The Rhino adapters are very close to the same weight as the stock parts.  I think the CRG adapters may be aluminum, and therefore a lot lighter.

Good point on the vibrations. Harmonics are funny things and nearly impossible to predict intuitively sometimes. I have a bike that will buzz your feet with rubber covered foot pegs but they are vibration free with solid pegs. Weird. 

Bar ends look top shelf, Triple Jim! I like the silver stripe. If you wanted it black I wonder if cold blueing would do the trick better than paint would? 

24 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

If you wanted it black I wonder if cold blueing would do the trick better than paint would? 

Maybe so.  Or maybe just a Sharpie.  :)   I'm going to leave them bare stainless.  It matches my soft saddle bag supports. :)   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

Yes, the CRG adapters will work with the stock bars. I've used them before I got the Rhinos. 👍

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 4 weeks later...
Christopher_Thomas
On 9/21/2021 at 2:21 PM, Triple Jim said:

Another thing to consider is the weight of the stock bar ends that were designed to reduce bar vibration.  The Rhino adapters are very close to the same weight as the stock parts.  I think the CRG adapters may be aluminum, and therefore a lot lighter.

so i got the rhino bar ends lol what bar end mirrors do you have? i got one thats too smallfor the bars

1 hour ago, Christopher_Thomas said:

so i got the rhino bar ends lol what bar end mirrors do you have? i got one thats too smallfor the bars

Oh... I did too, but I bored the mounts larger with my vertical mill.  It seems that some of the cheap bar-end mirrors are made for 7/8" bars and some are undersized (about 0.830").  7/8" is standard, and what I've had for over 40 years, but now I have to be careful what diameter accessories I buy are made to clamp to.

Edit:  I don't see any eBay mirrors that say they're for anything smaller than 7/8", yet I have a couple sets that came from there that are.  I don't have an explanation.

Edit:  The expansion adapters on my new undersized mirrors are 21mm, but my older ones are larger.   The older set is made so you can take out the adapter and clamp them directly to 7/8" bars.   It looks like the new version doesn't let you do that easily.

Edited by Triple Jim

Christopher_Thomas
On 10/16/2021 at 9:37 PM, Triple Jim said:

Oh... I did too, but I bored the mounts larger with my vertical mill.  It seems that some of the cheap bar-end mirrors are made for 7/8" bars and some are undersized (about 0.830").  7/8" is standard, and what I've had for over 40 years, but now I have to be careful what diameter accessories I buy are made to clamp to.

Edit:  I don't see any eBay mirrors that say they're for anything smaller than 7/8", yet I have a couple sets that came from there that are.  I don't have an explanation.

Edit:  The expansion adapters on my new undersized mirrors are 21mm, but my older ones are larger.   The older set is made so you can take out the adapter and clamp them directly to 7/8" bars.   It looks like the new version doesn't let you do that easily.

yea  i got the mzs mirrors the crg arrow rip offs https://www.amazon.com/MZS-Bar-End-Mirrors-Motorcycle/dp/B0895YMYHL/ref=sr_1_2?crid=13T3D0S10VJH4&dchild=1&keywords=mzs+mirrors&qid=1634758376&sprefix=mzs+%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-2

1 hour ago, Christopher_Thomas said:

Are you saying those also have expansion adapters that are smaller than 7/8" so you can't clamp them directly to the Rhino adapters?

Christopher_Thomas
20 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

Are you saying those also have expansion adapters that are smaller than 7/8" so you can't clamp them directly to the Rhino adapters?

yea the rhino ones i got are a little bit bigger so these mirrors kinda work on them lol but not really they are on their really jankly lol

My Rhino adapters  were within a thousandth of an inch of 7/8".   I just need to be sure any mirrors I buy for them are made for that size.  It's stupid that they started making the cheap mirrors smaller.  For years they've been good on 7/8" bars.

nozeitgeist1800

the crg arrow mirrors that i bought are heavenly. totally worth the price, although they may actually make themselves redundant lol - i rarely use my left mirror since i can see whats in my left lane in my right mirror.  ive actually been thinking of pulling it off and going with just 1 mirror since thats legal where im at.

if anyone does decide to grab the crg mirrors, i highly recommend biohazardcycles - theyve been consistently 20% cheaper, from my akra ti exhaust to antigravity battery to ft ecu to crg mirrors and levers.

link for pair of mirrors -

arrowbarends__79976.1564595521.480.480.j

CRG AO-100 ARROW BAR END MIRRORS PAIR 2 MIRRORS

• Like 2

Thanks for the recommendation.  I may go to those at some point.

It's probably better to leave both mirrors on.  Aim the right one so it covers from directly behind you to far right, and aim the left one so it covers directly behind you to far to the left.  You'll minimize the two blind spots that way.  Anything that helps you know what's around you is important.

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 1