The MT-07 Forum

Blinkers not working

Jmiller82

I have just gotten my bike rebuilt because it was stolen last year and laid down by the person who stole it and got it back this year. After rebuilding it the signals don’t work. They stay on constantly but when you try to use them they don’t even show on the display as working. I checked the fuse and the fuse wasn’t present but in its place was a piece of metal. So I took that out and put a fuse in and they still don’t work. I have the led relay and the resistors wired in for the led lights. I figured the relay would fix the problem but it didn’t. Anyone have any ideas? I’ve tested the wires for the signals and they have power ( obviously since they stay on constantly) but I was reading the manual and the next step says it could either be the ECU or the meter. If anyone could help that would be awesome. The horn and brights work. The hazards won’t turn on either though.

I'm sure you've done all this but it's the gold standard. First have a beer then triple check all your added aftermarket stuff, that's the #1 trouble maker. Then have a beer and check your grounds, battery terminals, connections, relays, bulbs, sockets and have a beer.

IMG_20210703_215048416.thumb.jpg.14a004ef32a3b5078165f4c4f317b607.jpg

IMG_20210703_215356125.thumb.jpg.a67cfdf89f106592d5efa5a8042c603d.jpg

IMG_20210703_215455893.thumb.jpg.f0b196ee1482492e663f0d2e006872f2.jpg

Hope this helps. If not finish the case. 😉

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@mossrider You forgot to have him check his blinker fluid level.  😁

Seriously though,  follow what @mossrider stated. it looks a lot more complicated than it is. just follow the path. Good luck resolving your issue.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Thanks for the information. Shouldn’t be a problem following these steps. I was advanced electrical certified with Nissan. But I do really appreciate the info plus the beer breaks sound perfect too!

ElGonzales

Check the wiring diagram and try to measure the wiring bit by bit for electric continuity. The turn indicators have nothing to do with the ECU or any high tech stuff. It's a simple electrical circuit like on a bike from 1967 :D:

(1.) positive battery terminal  --->(2.) 30 A main fuse---> (3.) smaller fuse (named PARKING LIGHTING!!!) -> (4.)turn indicator relay (nothing more than an automatic switch that opens/closes all the time) --> (5.)turn signal switch (to choose between voltage to left  or right indicators ) ------>(6.)indicator bulbs front/rear + parallel connected dash LEDs --> (7.) ground

I am not sure what happened, but with "ignition on"  you should measure  battery voltage at
-the blue/red input terminal of the turn indicator relay
-the brown/white output terminal of the turn indicator relay
-the brown/white input of the turn signal switch
-the brown or green output of the turn signal switch after you set a direction

One idea:

You can try to connect a 12V bulb to the brown/white output terminal of the turn indicator relay and with it's other contact to ground (power rating should be within  the relay's output specification. A regular turn indicator bulb should be okay)
It has to  start flashing like a turn indicator.

Then you know up to this point everything is fine, wiring and relay are okay.

Edited by ElGonzales