The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 ABS braided brake lines

RyanS93

I've been searching for some braided brake lines for my 17 FZ07 abs and galfer and speigler do not offer them unless custom ordered. I was curious what the difference between the system and lines could be between the FZ07 abs and MT07 abs (which they have) Or should I bite the bullet and custom order some. 

Edited by RyanS93

I don’t know why the abs would make a difference? Unless it builds up more pressure than the non abs? In other forums (FZ09) people mentioned it doesn’t make a difference. You could ask your local shop, but I would say abs doesn’t matter to ss lines. Hope we have some mechanics here that could enlighten us 😎

The FZ07(abs) and MT07(abs) are one and the same. The model name change was a house keeping act on Yamahas part. As far as the replacement lines they will fit either bike; or get the custom lines made. I've had several custom sets made over the years and have never been charged extra. Just measure what you want carefully and follow their instructions.

Just remember I lay head first and go as fast as I can. 🤪

• Thanks 1

ElGonzales

Not my personal experience, but maybe something to keep in mind:
Spiegler for example as well as other companies deliver a set of 5 lines right now. That means 2 short lines connected to the ABS unit are not part of the set. The last thing I've heard was that they plan to expand the kit (March 2021)

Edited by ElGonzales
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, RyanS93 said:

I've been searching for some braided brake lines for my 17 FZ07 abs and galfer and speigler do not offer them unless custom ordered. I was curious what the difference between the system and lines could be between the FZ07 abs and MT07 abs (which they have) Or should I bite the bullet and custom order some. 

Looks at Speigler again. I ordered a Speigler set for my 2017 FZ-07 ABS model. This was an off the shelf 5 line set.  

spblk_final_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_

Yamaha MT-07, 2017 -, ABS, 5 lines front & rear, with mounting instructions

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

The 3 line kit will not work. The caliper run to the abs module with a different connection. Unless you take abs module completely out and mount directly. Which I just made a post about to see if that’s possible. I ordered my kit from sport bike track gear and they didn’t offer abs just said it would fit from 15-18