The MT-07 Forum

Tail light, brake light and auxiliary light not working

HammerY

I tried to connect the HALO running light module of GTR front flashmount signal by TST industry, as my bike doesn’t have running light. I made the wrong connection and auxiliary light along with tail light and brake light stopped working. no issue with directional lights.

Checked the fuse box and all are fine. 

As per the bike's service manual, if the fuses are fine than the next step is to check the main switch and this confuses me. wasn't the main job of the fuse box is to protect the main units from issues like this?

What am I missing?

Edited by HammerY

So now I removed the fuel tank so I can access the main switch. But the service manual doesn’t tell how and where to find the main switch. It explains how to diagnose the main switch but doesn’t tell where to find it under the fuel tank

As far as I know, the main switch is another name for the ignition switch.

• Like 1

I would also think the main switch is the ignition switch. Even in this modern age, Japanese manuals aren't always translated like you'd expect. 

Unless there talking about the starter solenoid aka starter relay? That has a couple main fuses hanging off of it. It's located under the seat right where you were at, so you probably checked that already.

Starter-Relay-Solenoid-for-YAMAHA-BIG-BEAR-250-YFM250-07-09-400-YFM400-00-09-BRUIN.jpg.716d508b48f0612e41af32f436c8532b.jpg

• Like 1