The MT-07 Forum

2021 MT07 Frame Sliders

Cjanssen83

New rider and new forum member here. 

Tried the search function, but only 8 articles popped up, all related to the FZ or older models of the MT.

Suggestions for frame sliders for a 2021 MT07? Looks like Shogun is perhaps the only choice... anybody have experience with their products? 

Also, I purchased the engine cover plates from Yamaha. Anything else you think a newbie might want for protection of their bike during a tip-over/spill?

Thanks in advance! 

I recently installed the Shogun sliders (engine mount) on my 2020 MT-07. Very easy to do. I torqued the bolts to 43 ft-lbs. I have ridden maybe 100 miles since the install and they seem tight still, but I have not checked with a torque wrench. I'll do that after a few more rides.

Jeff 

For my 2021, I purchased SW-MOTECH framesliders, Evotech Performance Front Axle Sliders, and Evotech Spool Style Rear Axle. All fit perfectly. I don’t think there are any changes to the frame from 2020 to 2021. 

There are OEM engine case guards, but for frame sliders I've been looking at the Puig R19. It appears they make PHB19 front and rear axle sliders that will fit the 2021 as well. 

M. Hausknecht

Woodcraft makes frame (3 sizes) and axle sliders for the 07, and spool sliders that fit my spools. Great quality and service. I use their clip-ons too.

• 1 month later...

Follow up to this because I have the sliders and a torque wrench, but cannot determine how much torque to put on the engine bolts.

From searching the forum, it appears that earlier models would require 54lbs, but lower that by 20% if using anti seize.

Does this all sound right for the 2021 MT07? I assume the torque would be the same between 2020 and 2021?

My service manual hasn't arrived yet...boo!

10 minutes ago, Cjanssen83 said:

From searching the forum, it appears that earlier models would require 54lbs, but lower that by 20% if using anti seize.

Does this all sound right for the 2021 MT07? I assume the torque would be the same between 2020 and 2021?

Yes, should be the same torque between all models. There’s no mention of using anti-seize compound in the manual for these bolts, so I probably wouldn’t.

Bolt #12 on this pic.

B13F2DD1-EA98-44FE-A3F5-59A046122514.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I torqued the bolts on my 2020 MT-07 to 43 ft-lbs. using anit-sieze. Seems to have worked well.