The MT-07 Forum

Worth to Convert or Change into ABS Version?

Shyan

Greetings from Malaysia.. I own a 2017 MT-07 non ABS version and I enjoyed it every moment. Till then I feel that ABS might be important as it really gain alot benefit on road.. My question is does it worth to convert my non abs MT07 into abs? If I plan to go with it then what will be the cost..? What I can only think of is below:

1. wiring harness + ECU (Include Fuse box)

2. Abs Assy+ Front and Rear Sensor

3. Meter

4. Wheel sensor plate(Required drill the abs plate on the non abs rim)

5. ABS brake hose

Or should I trade in mine and get a abs version(maybe another 2.5K USD) or even 2021 version?(The one with bigger disc, better LCD and etc?) (Motorcycle price is quite expensive in Malaysia.. Roughly 9700 USD on the road inclusive Insurance, Roadtax and etc.)

• Global Moderator

Personally I would not mess with changing the brakes for safety reasons alone.  I expect it would be in the $2,000 range to convert one and then you are hoping you did it correctly and it works.  I would spend a bit more to get a factory system that you know will work and will be safe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjh937 said:

Personally I would not mess with changing the brakes for safety reasons alone.  I expect it would be in the $2,000 range to convert one and then you are hoping you did it correctly and it works.  I would spend a bit more to get a factory system that you know will work and will be safe.

Hmm..think so... lets see my buddy manage get me 1 used unit or not.. Might have to top up another 2k plus USD after trade in my bike.

3 hours ago, wrxer said:

Neither worth it.

Maybe wait for 2021? or R7? XD

• Premium Member

Definitely trade in for an ABS model. It'll be cheaper too.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Not to sound condescending, but the abs systems on these bikes aren't the best out there. If you really want it, unload your bike and grab an abs model. Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to convert one. 

Besides, since abs became standard in '17, there's certainly other curmudgeons like me that would happily buy your non abs equipped bike above anything else. So, that's not exactly a detriment when it comes to unloading a used bike. $0.02

• Like 2

stickshift

I use mine on the track, and I'm very glad when I bought the bike new they didn't have ABS.

I would have removed it all anyway, but it's a hassle.

• Like 1

I would not add ABS to my bike but I might add traction control. 

Edited by D.A.

On 5/26/2021 at 12:14 AM, shinyribs said:

Not to sound condescending, but the abs systems on these bikes aren't the best out there. If you really want it, unload your bike and grab an abs model. Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to convert one. 

Besides, since abs became standard in '17, there's certainly other curmudgeons like me that would happily buy your non abs equipped bike above anything else. So, that's not exactly a detriment when it comes to unloading a used bike. $0.02

After deciding few factor I will trade in and get a used ABS version. Too bad in Malaysia ABS not an option until Sep 2018 and since then ABS is standard. We did not get the Abs version on the V1 and we only got it in V2.

10 hours ago, D.A. said:

I would not add ABS to my bike but I might add traction control. 

Hmm..depends as I seldom go for race track.. (Maybe once every 2 year?) In Malaysia we only have 1 proper race track which is Sepang International Circuit 😕

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 5:15 PM, Mad said:

Better to change the bike than upgrade it ( cost wise) 

maybe the r7 or the new mt09 tracer 9 ? 😉

Maybe? Let's see how.

• 4 weeks later...