The MT-07 Forum

REMOVING THE YAMAHA EMBLEM AND PUTTING IT ON A NEW SIDE PANEL

XATTILAX

So recently i got a new side panel air scoop because the previous owner dripped something on it and there was little whit dots all over it as well as scratches so I replaced it got everything done but now i just have the emblem left. What should i do does the emblem come off the old one somehow and I can move it to the new one?? Should i just buy a new emblem and if i fo are they self adhesive or you need to buy a gle or something ? 

5044A329-F797-4AF8-9148-D65BA4AA4CD3.png

Edited by XATTILAX

Civiltechyyc

This is only a guess but I would try first a heat gun on the old emblem to warm up the adhesive. Then I would have some dental floss on standby to cut behind the emblem. After that it's just a matter of making it flat and slightly scuffed so that it will adhere to the new plastics. If you don't have a heat gun sometimes a blow dryer will work. 

• Like 1

Sunnycalibear

I had to replace mine when i bought my bike too. They are self adhesive so I'd say just buy a new one or you can try prying that one off it might work for you.

+1 w/ @Civiltechyyc dental floss works really well. 

• Like 1

The simplest solution is to buy a new emblem. They're in stock and only $11.62 at Partzilla.com. Doesn't matter if you order the one for the right side or the left side since they are the exact same part number.

New emblems come with double-sided tape adhered to the backside. You peel the paper off and stick the emblem onto the air scoop. Practice getting the positioning correct before removing the paper backing because once you stick it on, it's nearly impossible to remove / reposition. Use your old scoop / emblem as a guide.

Of course, as @Civiltechyyc and @Sunnycalibear suggest, you have nothing to lose by first trying to pry the old one off and reusing it. Only thing I would warn is that if you use a heat gun, apply the heat onto the inner side of the old air scoop, meaning behind the emblem, not onto the front of the emblem itself otherwise you might ruin the finish.

Screen_Shot_EMBLEM.thumb.png.a5e50d438abfa873d16748e113292ebd.png

Edited by D.A.
  • Like 2