The MT-07 Forum

Snorkel Removal 2016 FZ07

XATTILAX

So i haven't even rode my bike yet first thing i did was send the ecu to get flashed by 2 wheel dyno works just received it back today and installed it right away but now i remember that i told him ill be removing the snorkel so now i got to remove it so its equivalent with my tune. My question is when i talked to the guys at 2 wheel dyno works they said I could just remove the seat grab it and pull it out. I tried to lightly pull no budge... Howd you guys remove it ???? 

C5AEADC9-CB2A-45CA-8C34-DD716DE632E6.jpeg

Edited by XATTILAX

4 minutes ago, bartman5impson said:

Pull it harder and towards the handlebars

Is it fine if I leave the gas tank screwed down ???

sansnombre

Pull up the two little wings you  see in the picture to release them.

Then pull and twist the snorkel and work the bottom part out of the airbox. It will come, but don't pull directly out, twist it and mush it side to side.  Also helps if you squeeze it together. There is a lip that needs to be freed.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sansnombre said:

Pull up the two little wings you  see in the picture to release them.

Then pull and twist the snorkel and work the bottom part out of the airbox. It will come, but don't pull directly out, twist it and mush it side to side.  Also helps if you squeeze it together. There is a lip that needs to be freed.

Pretty much this - squeeze and twist it. There's a lip you need to get past and part of the snorkel goes down into the airbox. Just keep working the snorkel side to side and you'll be able to slide it out.

You don't have to remove it if you don't want. It won't hurt anything to pull it or leave it. I pulled mine to free up some space under the seat for storage. There's zero air restriction with the snorkel, it's just a muffler. You'll hear more engine noise if you pull it. If you leave it your "tune" won't be wrong. Whatever you prefer. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

You don't have to remove it if you don't want. It won't hurt anything to pull it or leave it. I pulled mine to free up some space under the seat for storage. There's zero air restriction with the snorkel, it's just a muffler. You'll hear more engine noise if you pull it. If you leave it your "tune" won't be wrong. Whatever you prefer. 

I much rather prefer leaving it in cause don’t feel like hearing more noise!