The MT-07 Forum

Fz07 cutting power on and off harshly

Connorbollinger

Connorbollinger

HELP!! I was riding my 2016 yamaha fz07 down the highway a couple days ago, and out of nowhere, while on about half throttle, it cut power/engine breaked harshly for a second and then operated normally. Almost the feeling of the bike accidentally downshifting itself on its own and braking really hard (but obviously in this case it wasnt actually downshifting itself but it had a very similar feeling to that). It kept at it every minute and I had to pull off the road. It would do it in every gear and would shut off in the parking lot I stopped in after running for a second every time I would start it. I brought it back and took out the throttle body, spark plugs, injectors, air box, and all the gas to see if anything was out of the normal. Nothing seems to be bad, but waiting on spark plugs and a new air filter. Could this be an electrical issue? If some could help lead me in the right direction that would be great. I am stuck. Thanks!

• Premium Member

My first thought is bad gas or water in your tank?

Have you drained the tank entirely and put in fresh gas?

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Any codes thrown? If it ran good then didn't me thinks there is a simple issue like a loose battery cable or bare wire making an intermittent direct short or...

• Like 2