The MT-07 Forum

ABS fuse remove. Cons n pros

Shrishtaa

Hi

i want to remove my abs fuse. What are cons. How to do that. I want to go bit of off road trip in coming days. Do I don’t want abs to be on for the trip. But I want to put it back once the trip finished. Help me. Thx. 

• Global Moderator

Disable for off road. There are three fuses under your seat, take care opening the fuse box lid. On back of lid they are clearly marked ABS Selenoid, Motor, and Control.

With the ignition OFF, pull the Selenoid and Motor fuses (30 amp & 20 amp). Leave the Control fuse and you will still have speedo and odometer support.

Ignition OFF when you plug them back in.

You will have a continuous ABS light on display, but no error codes will interrupt your fun.

You can do a "wheel spin" in dirt and the ABS can respond by turning itself off, but if you want to know it's disabled, pull fuses.

Edited by Pursuvant
  • Like 1

Hi Pursuvant. 
Pls can you detail it. 

“You can do a "wheel spin" in dirt and the ABS can respond by turning itself off” 

I did not understand this part of the your comment. 
Is that leave the ABS on in dirt that wheel spins and turn its  self off. 

thank you. 

• 5 weeks later...

He means that you can do a burnout even when you have your ABS fuse connected. However, you can also do burnouts on the road if you can pull your front brake hard enough. When you do a burnout your rear ABS will stop working until you regain traction and the pump is able to work again.