The MT-07 Forum

Checked 2020 MT-07 Speedometer Accuracy

Triple Jim

I took a GPS receiver on my ride today and checked the speedometer of my 2020 MT-07.  In the range of 55-70 mph it read very nearly 1.5 mph high.  At lower speeds it was closer, as expected.  Around 40-45 it was about 1 mph high.  This is much better than I expected from what I've read.  I can live with 1.5 mph just fine.

• Global Moderator

I'm smiling because we were poor kids, I remember riding by tach. A speedo twisted cable to a little gear on the front wheel probably cost like $9

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple Jim said:

I took a GPS receiver on my ride today and checked the speedometer of my 2020 MT-07.  In the range of 55-70 mph it read very nearly 1.5 mph high.  At lower speeds it was closer, as expected.  Around 40-45 it was about 1 mph high.  This is much better than I expected from what I've read.  I can live with 1.5 mph just fine.

Thats probably pretty standard. My GTI is about the same, the most recent other car I drove, a 2012 yukon, was also ~2 high at 70

My 390 duke read like 85 @ gps 80 though lol

• 4 weeks later...
Triple Jim

Today I rode 118.1 miles according to a GPS receiver.  The dash said I went 120.6 miles.  That works out to about 2% high.  My dash MPG reading seems to be about 5% high, but taking into account the 2% generous odometer, the MPG is really only about 3% higher than indicated.

I just like to know how accurate my stuff is.   :)

• Like 1

I checked my Speedo vs GPS this weekend also, same results.  About 1-1.5 MPH difference when travelling 72-80 MPH.

Much better than the 9.5% off that my previous bikes were.

• Like 1