The MT-07 Forum

2021 MT-07 exhaust replacement questions

T3mpo

I’m looking to get an exhaust for the 2021 model and have some questions.

will any year after market exhaust fit the 2021 models?

is the looped exhaust any different (other than looks) than the straight shorter ones?

is it better for me to get a tuner or just ship it to someone to be tuned?

whats everyones experience with the fake Chinese knockoff exhaust?

thanks in advance!

You will probably have to wait for a few months since they changed the exhaust system for the new Euro requirements. I'm not sure because the engine is the same they just moved the Cat so you might be able to use the 2020 down but I'm not for sure. I have a Akrapovic full TI exhaust system on my 2019 and love it. As for Chinese knock offs, remember you get what you pay for. It is cheap for a reason.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2021 and bought a m4 full exhaust system fits from 2015-2021 still looking for some where to get a tuner and intake for it. But I’m thinking if m4 states 2015-2021 I’m sure all others should fit.

I don't think I would go Chinese-knock off either, as Devil said, you get what you pay. I think that any of the current exhausts that show fitments for 2015-2021 should fit. I would do a youtube search on exhausts for MT-07, some good videos out there comparing different styles (straight pipes, looped) and slip on's or full systems. If I were to get an aftermarket exhaust, I'd go with Akrapovic, expensive, but one of the best out there and IMO best sound for any bike, just my $0.02