The MT-07 Forum

I weigh 200lbs, need suspension advice

NCPT

Recently acquired a 2016 fz07 and i am getting it setup. The shock was at the lowest preload setting when I got it and it was terrible! I cranked it all the way down and it feels way better. I probably still need a stiffer spring for it and definitely up front for the forks. Is this something I can do? I'm competent turning wrenches but I've never messed with suspension. Watching a YouTube video for a fork spring swap seems easy enough but I'm not sure about the rear. I'm open to suggestions. I weigh 200lbs geared up and I could spend a little money if necessary. Thanks.

Edited by NCPT
Spelling

Lots on information on your options for fork and shock upgrades on the main threads in the suspension forum. Correct springs from sonic springs and heavier weight oil is the most economic option for your front end. Use the racetech website to find out what springs will work for you. Rear shock unfortunately is replace with an aftermarket shock. 

I’m your same weight and tried the springs and oil first. Helped a great deal but in the end I had my forks rebuild by forks by Matt and got a nitron rear shock. All comes down to what your using the bike for and your budget. 

• Like 1

I just pulled front springs and rear shock from my 2015 if you’re interested. Have about 1000 miles on them. Sold and upgraded to fz10 I weight 210 and it worked great for me. Race tech front springs .95kg and k-tech rear shock sprung for 200lb.

• Like 1