The MT-07 Forum

Ceramic Coated Exhaust Header

DFDFF

Has anyone here tried ceramic coating the piping on an aftermarket exhaust or know anybody that has? I've seen pictures on the Internet of people doing it. I'm going to order the Yoshimura kit and was debating on having the pipe up to the muffler ceramic coated black.  

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Not on an FZ07, but one of our riding buddies has a Honda CTX700 which has an unattractive exhaust. He had it ceramic coated black (by a professional) and it looks much better now.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I was actually thinking about doing this. It's pretty inexpensive too. My buddy did his whole exhaust on his subaru for like 120 dollars. And that's a whole lot of piping lol. The header pipes on our bikes would probably only be like 30 or 40 bucks.

I found a place within an hour that does the coating. Could be one closer but I haven't looked into it that much yet. Being that the riding season here in IL is over and I'm going to order the exhaust, I figured now is the time. I think the black would look good and disguise the exhaust even more. Plus shouldn't have to worry about the pipes discoloring.

Yea black is probably the way to go. There's a place about 20 min from my house in Chicago ridge illinois called loko coating. Incase anyone is near the area.

scordiaboy515

I have had this company do 2 exhausts for me in the past.....I had both systems done in CoolKrome,  very pleased with there product.  They do mostly all racing applications......http://www.calicocoatings.com/Y5MUALc.jpg

Archived