The MT-07 Forum

Rear Brake Light Always ON

Jester

Hi,

A few days ago I changed the stock indicators, and the front light bulb since it was blown. While riding with my buddies today, I noticed that the rear light is always on even when the rear or front brake are not pressed.

What may cause this? A buddy of mine told me this can happen as an indication of wrong wiring, as for positive to positive and negative to negative. 

Thanks. 

Just now, Jester said:

Hi,

A few days ago I changed the stock indicators, and the front light bulb since it was blown. While riding with my buddies today, I noticed that the rear light is always on even when the rear or front brake are not pressed.

What may cause this? A buddy of mine told me this can happen as an indication of wrong wiring, as for positive to positive and negative to negative. 

Thanks. 

Before I'd mess with wiring I'd check the switches to make sure they not hanging up. The front is under the brake lever (make sure the lever is returning all the way out), the rear is above and behind the brake pedal and is adjusted via a big plastic nut, also make sure the pedal returns all the way up. 

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

It seems that the switch for the rear brake is the most common cause of this problem so I would start there. 

• Premium Member

+1 to the issue being rear brake switch sticking.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.