The MT-07 Forum

Engine Light ON

Jester

Hey,

I replaced the stock indicators with some aftermarket indicators and blew a fuse, in order to understand which fuse I blew I removed every fuse in the box until I found it. (Shouldn’t have done it, but I learnt from the mistake). Started the bike and the engine light came on without any status code/error.

Now I understand in order to reset or view the error at the dealer - they charge 75$! Outrageous! Can I reset the engine light by myself or at least view somehow the error? So I am sure it was triggered by removing a fuse and that it is not something I should be concerned about?

Thanks. 

@mossrider

The light stays on, I’m not sure what to look for in the manual? Is there a way to reset the lighting by myself, or the only way to do that is to take it to the dealer and pay the outrageous price?

Here's another page from the good book,

IMG_20210413_191824526.thumb.jpg.2bf5940e74c5c351a1a8b9a0355ec0d9.jpg

I noticed in another thread you messed around with an oil fill issue. There's a good chance these issues are related. 

Take your time and carefully recheck your work. There is a good chance something was overlooked or discomfukulated during the process. Check all the fuses (there are 2 fuse blocks and a single under the seat) and the oil pressure sending unit on the lower right front of the motor (see diagram). Then follow the instructions to check the operation of the sending unit and dash light.

It's hard to diagnose from afar w/o getting hands on the unit, sorry.

Good luck.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mossrider said:

Here's another page from the good book,

IMG_20210413_191824526.thumb.jpg.2bf5940e74c5c351a1a8b9a0355ec0d9.jpg

I noticed in another thread you messed around with an oil fill issue. There's a good chance these issues are related. 

Take your time and carefully recheck your work. There is a good chance something was overlooked or discomfukulated during the process. Check all the fuses (there are 2 fuse blocks and a single under the seat) and the oil pressure sending unit on the lower right front of the motor (see diagram). Then follow the instructions to check the operation of the sending unit and dash light.

It's hard to diagnose from afar w/o getting hands on the unit, sorry.

Good luck.

As I've mentioned above, I have messed only with the fuse box unit when the error showed. I haven't changed the oil yet when I had the issue with the engine light. I've looked everywhere and it seems that the only option to reset the engine light is at the dealers computer or get an OBD connector and tool, which will cost me more then taking the bike to the dealer. I thought I can reset it by unplugging all the fuses from the fuse box and connecting them again (in the car it works) but it didn't.

• Global Moderator

I would try disconnecting the battery for a while.  Perhaps the ECU not having power for a few minutes might reset it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I would try disconnecting the battery for a while.  Perhaps the ECU not having power for a few minutes might reset it. 

I’ll try that, I think it might work. Is all batteries are the same on motorcycles? I need to watch a guide on YouTube how to do that haha.