The MT-07 Forum

Need to order a chain and sprocket

TMTYWSH

Noob here to the forum and FZ07 ownership. I can feel the passion many of you have towards the MT/FZ motorcycles and I look forward to being a part of this community.

I want to replace the chain on the bike and I am looking recommendations - looking for 530 or 525 chain and sprocket (would like gold color if possible). There are too many options out there (from bikeband/ebay/amazon); would like some help narrowing it down. Not looking for the cheapest option or the most expensive. I will put on less than 5000 miles a year (I do have another bike). Tires will be Q3, I may track the bike 2/3 times this year, but most riding will be back road twisties.

Edited by TMTYWSH

9 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

Some reading here about final ratios and 520/525 chain

Wow, I'm glad you replied, I was going to order springs today and change the shock fluid to 20w; you might be the guy to ask: should I got with sonic springs or racetech ?

I read your other message, yes now I'm thinking about going to the 44 also. I've read that the 520 conversion chain will not last as long; but If I'm changing the chain every 2 years (6-10k miles) will it matter?

I'm still not sure where to order the chain and sprocket from...I can let the shop grab it but I was trying to go a gold look.

Edited by TMTYWSH

• Global Moderator

Sprockets (drivenracing.com)
1 x 1036-525-16T FR sprocket
1 x 5008-525-44T RR sprocket**

1 x DID 525 VX3 Gold & Black chain

You can have any shop order from drivenracing.com.

Look up the chain on the web, plenty of pics

You don't need the super high dollar all goldi chain, you just need the gold link plates, looks cool saves $ for sorting out your suspension, by far the best mod you can do to this bike.

** Stock bike is 16/43 teeth, I run 16/44 and that's the driven racing part number above

• Global Moderator
14 hours ago, TMTYWSH said:

Noob here to the forum and FZ07 ownership. I can feel the passion many of you have towards the MT/FZ motorcycles and I look forward to being a part of this community.

I want to replace the chain on the bike and I am looking recommendations - looking for 530 or 525 chain and sprocket (would like gold color if possible). There are too many options out there (from bikeband/ebay/amazon); would like some help narrowing it down. Not looking for the cheapest option or the most expensive. I will put on less than 5000 miles a year (I do have another bike). Tires will be Q3, I may track the bike 2/3 times this year, but most riding will be back road twisties.

I ordered my chain and sprocket from @pgeldz at Bellisimoto.  He is great to deal with and I got a nice discount on the parts.  Send him a pm, he responded quickly. 

• Like 2