The MT-07 Forum

Goin' to the Track Tomorrow

Evill_Ed

• Premium Member
On 4/11/2021 at 10:04 AM, Evill_Ed said:

I had set up my sag settings with my new Slacker Tool. I also played with compression settings, went a little softer front and rear. The bike felt good and rear tire pattern looked good and consistent across the rear tire. The Q4's felt great too. 

Tell me more about the Slacker tool,I'm gonna have to get one, I think. Compression settings, (did you adjust at the track) and the Q4's. Was your first time on the Q4's? and did you go 180/60 on the rear? I'm starting to get a little worked up now thinking about a track day in Jersey.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/11/2021 at 12:00 PM, mossrider said:

Mid 70's hp is a good number for a supersport tune on these things. After much ($) = fiddling, dyno tIime, u4.4 and monkeying around I got mine to 78 in similar spec w/o going inside with a port, cams, tb's etc.  The other thing is they come outta corners hard due to midrange power characteristics compared to Suzuki, makes em harder to catch as you have to power up sooner on the zook. 

I have word from 2wdw that their flash,Akra-Ti baffle out, Hordpower is in the region of 75-78 RWHP and 52 ft-lbs on their dyno of course, not my bike.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, fzar said:

Tell me more about the Slacker tool,I'm gonna have to get one, I think. Compression settings, (did you adjust at the track) and the Q4's. Was your first time on the Q4's? and did you go 180/60 on the rear? I'm starting to get a little worked up now thinking about a track day in Jersey.

I had tried to set my sag with a tape measure but could never get accurate or consistent results. The slacker is digital with a magnet that holds it to the end of the axle. It comes with clamps and adhesive mounts that you can stick to the bodywork or triple clamp. I downloaded an app that lets me read and rest zero on the slacker with my phone. It also stores the data. I found I was able to get consistent and repeatable results. I think it was worth the money.

I adjusted compression at the track. My bike was set up stiff. I did a session to warm up the suspension and then readjusted it. Front and rear were at the tight side of the adjustment  I now have them more towards the center on the range. I think  I’m on the light side (body weight) for my springs. The compression changes made the bike feel more comfortable and the handling still felt as good as before.

I got  the Q4’s  last season and I love them. I have always been a Dunlop guy. I love the grip, they are consistent and confidence inspiring. I am running the 180/60, it’s about a half inch taller than the 180/55. It also has a rounder profile.  The height and profile make the bike turn in more easily. I am really happy with the whole set up. All the mods seem to work well together.

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good"