Pics?

Report.

It went great.  Pics and report tomorrow 

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member

My son 796 on his SV

SBI_6471.thumb.JPG.76e6140276ff1db1beb9bfcaf6664cee.JPG

And the rider with the blue and yellow 3rd gen SV  behind me. 

SBI_6880.thumb.JPG.f375ee21fa0687c21fed9453fcfec488.JPG

• Like 8

Sounds like a priceless day! Old friends, new friends, family, great fun, what else is there?

I envy you sir.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Sounds like a priceless day! Old friends, new friends, family, great fun, what else is there?

I envy you sir.

Thanks Moss, this was the type of day I needed just about now.

• Like 2

Mid 70's hp is a good number for a supersport tune on these things. After much ($) = fiddling, dyno tIime, u4.4 and monkeying around I got mine to 78 in similar spec w/o going inside with a port, cams, tb's etc.  The other thing is they come outta corners hard due to midrange power characteristics compared to Suzuki, makes em harder to catch as you have to power up sooner on the zook. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
cornerslider

What did you think of the Hordpower set-up (intake & map)-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Global Moderator
33 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Mid 70's hp is a good number for a supersport tune on these things. After much fiddling,  monkeying around

@Evill_Ed, @mossrider, riddle me this, how tight do you run your exhaust & intake valves? I used to shim under bucket 3 times a year on '80s ujm's (and synch carbs) because running them in spec but really tight was a seat of the pants improve.

I'm thinking haves some fun this summer, run the intakes within 15% & exhaust 20% (of tight side of clearance spec) but no tighter, unless you guys take it to the edge?

Somebody please red flag me if this cp2 motor needs more respect?

• Like 1

Just now, Pursuvant said:

@Evill_Ed, @mossrider, riddle me this, how tight do you run your exhaust & intake valves? I used to shim under bucket 3 times a year on '80s ujm's (and synch carbs) because running them in spec but really tight was a seat of the pants improve.

I'm thinking haves some fun this summer, run the intakes within 15% & exhaust 20% (of tight side of clearance spec) but no tighter, unless you guys take it to the edge?

I stayed sloppy side. When things heat up they tighten up. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, cornerslider said:

What did you think of the Hordpower set-up (intake & map)-

I love it. It’s everything I expected. I remember you describing it to me a few years ago, it had been on my list since then.

i agree with the general consensus that it’s worth every penny.

i love the intake sound and the engine just pulls right up to red line, it’s really noticeable on the long front straightaway.

Ed

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

I haven’t had to adjust valve yet. Like Moss, I tend to go to the looser side of the spec. An old race engine builder I knew used to say “leave em a little noisy and it’ll fly”

works for me.

• Global Moderator

Sorry didn't mean to hijack thread with valves.

What I really am thinking, is you @Evill_Ed got the best damn look'n bike I've ever seen. Big congrats - more track & pits pictures please!

Edited by Pursuvant
  • Like 1

phanomenal07

I still yet to meet you. I’m planning to do njmp 8 times this year so hopefully I’ll see you out there.

• Premium Member
On 4/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, Evill_Ed said:

I love it. It’s everything I expected. I remember you describing it to me a few years ago, it had been on my list since then.

i agree with the general consensus that it’s worth every penny.

i love the intake sound and the engine just pulls right up to red line, it’s really noticeable on the long front straightaway.

Ed

I agree, I love my set-up also. I unfortunately can't get to really wring it out at Hallett, end of front straight 100 4th. gear, brake. I managed to get out the weekend before for just the 1 day. It was awesome.

It seem NJMSP are putting a lot of time,effort, and money into the track. I wish our local track would do the same, but they don't get big associations running there.

Hey @Evill_Ed did you happen to see a guy with a RC-51 and a speed-triple in the pits? 

Thanks for the pictures, I'm glad you got the spring into trackday's going for this year.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, fzar said:

I agree, I love my set-up also. I unfortunately can't get to really wring it out at Hallett, end of front straight 100 4th. gear, brake. I managed to get out the weekend before for just the 1 day. It was awesome.

It seem NJMSP are putting a lot of time,effort, and money into the track. I wish our local track would do the same, but they don't get big associations running there.

Hey @Evill_Ed did you happen to see a guy with a RC-51 and a speed-triple in the pits? 

Thanks for the pictures, I'm glad you got the spring into trackday's going for this year.

Hey fzar, the gentleman with the RC-51 and Speed triple was pitted next to me. I had actually grabbed and secured his pop up canopy when the wind took it while he was on the track. We spoke briefly about it when he came in.

Ed

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Evill_Ed said:

Hey fzar, the gentleman with the RC-51 and Speed triple was pitted next to me. I had actually grabbed and secured his pop up canopy when the wind took it while he was on the track. We spoke briefly about it when he came in.

Ed

Hey Ed. He's my brother from another mother. How funny is that!! Really cool guy, I might be visiting NJMSP this year for a Track Day weekend. Hopefully. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, fzar said:

Hey Ed. He's my brother from another mother. How funny is that!! Really cool guy, I might be visiting NJMSP this year for a Track Day weekend. Hopefully. 

Let me know when you'll be visiting.

• Like 1