The MT-07 Forum

am I considered a newbie now? So, new FZ-07 owner here.

cassecou

New owner here :D
Yeap, I am a very happy new owner of not the fastest but definitely most beautiful FZ-07.

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag272/arnau11/IMG_1052_zpsb3bd2a15.jpg
I was able to drive my new toy for 85 little miles today, and was amazed by the difference a parallel twin can be vs an inline 4.
It reminded me of the older Vmax my best friend lent me once back in Colorado. The torque is just unbelievable. It is like riding on air, but you better grip that handle bar very tight. I will have to get used to it somehow.

No need to downshift before passing a car, power is right there, on tap. But runs out of breath in the higher RPMs, and that's OK.
At low RPM, during city driving, the throttle is very twitchy. I prefer the inline 4 that doesn't respond much at low RPMs and is more manageable, smoother. I will have to adapt to that new driving style.

One really GREAT news, is that the 4 cylinders vibrations are gone. I haven't detected any annoying vibrations.

Mirrors are typical Jap bikes, they give you an unrestricted view of your beautiful elbows, but not much else.

The seat and the up position are comfortable up to 65/70mph, a windshield would be needed for long distance travel.

The rear brake never locked up on me and the front brake is very effective. I can see where people think the front break is too mushy. It is due to the lousy suspension that dives in the front and lift in the back during hard breaking. But the FZ-07 will stop on a very small Dime.

As of now, except for the worry of lifting the front wheel during hard accelerations, the bike is fantastic.

• Global Moderator

Welcome newbie.  :P
So it's everything you thought it would be? What are your plans as far as breaking in your virgin? 

First of all, I have to apologize to all Canadians of any origin, race, creed, belief, height and weight, because today I rode in temperatures of 55F and froze my little touchy after only one hour. So I do understand you guys have already put your bikes to sleep for the winter. I will never call you sissies anymore.

Back to the bike, I did not expect so much torque at low RPM. But I like it and have to adjust my throttle memory to the new mapping. I also realized that I will need to go to the gym more often to strengthen my arms to handle that amazing power surge.

Breaking in my bikes has always been, ride it like you are going to ride it. Just ignore the break in, but don't go too often in the red zone, which is hard to do with the FZ.

• Premium Member

Awesome @cassecou!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived