The MT-07 Forum

Spiegler ABS Kit Installation Question

seven

I did the install of the Spiegler kit for my MT-07 (2019 with ABS) and feel I need to adjust the lines coming out of the ABS unit for the front brakes. As I was torquing the banjos the lines rotated despite my efforts to keep them in place. I was initially reasonably happy until I looked back of the photos that I took pre-install of the OEM lines.

Here are some pics: Top view of ABS unit, full left lock and full right lock.

So the question is, should I adjust the lines to get them angled slightly to the inside like stock or are they okay the way they are? If I need to loosen and adjust, should I be buying new washers?

The instruction say to make sure the lines do not touch the bracket on the inside which they don't but if I move the lines, it might.

20210322_210530.thumb.jpg.0629bceacdff0b688b49884e5c1f3c0e.jpg

20210322_210544.jpg

20210322_210606.jpg

Edited by seven

• Premium Member

As long as they're not rubbing on anything or causing the line to be bent too tightly. It should be fine.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

The one line does touch the fork tube as it gets to full right lock but I don't think it would really rub. I will double check. If I need to adjust the angle, should I get new washers or just loosen the banjos, reposition and re-torque? The washers don't appeare to be true crush washers that I have used int eh past for oil drain plugs for example.

Edited by seven

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, seven said:

The one line does touch the fork tube as it gets to full right lock but I don't think it would really rub. I will double check. If I need to adjust the angle, should I get new washers or just loosen the banjos, reposition and re-torque? The washers don't appeare to be true crush washers that I have used int eh past for oil drain plugs for example.

Personally I'd risk using the same washers if you're only loosening them enough to reposition them.. but check that bolt real close for leaks under pressure after you're done.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, seven said:

You should not need a new washer.  I have loosened and retightened with no problems.   I wouldn't worry about rubbing at full lock.  The bike rarely sees full lock.  Pretty much only maneuvering off the bike in your garage... 

Those are my thoughts anyways.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Thanks all. I will take a look again with fresh eyes and figure out if I should leave them as is or move them.