The MT-07 Forum

SD 37 code cause

David Hunt

I have a 2019 mt07 that all of a sudden won't idle down below 3000 rpm and shows a SD 37 code. What could cause this? 

Edited by David Hunt
Wrong code

• Premium Member

I'm not seeing a code 27 on the short list I have.  Are you 100% sure that's what it showed?

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

67 is the idle speed control Self Diagnostic.  It mentions something about 'resetting the learning data' by setting the run / kill switch from kill to run three times in 5 seconds. I assume this means there is bad data in the ECU and this may clear it? Just a quick scan of the manual for 2018...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My manual doesn't list that code, but some searching turns up some stuff that might help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

@Triple Jim appears to be correct.

5d__37 Idle Speed Control (ISC): If ISC is not heard, then ISC is defective. If ISC is heard, then component other then ISC unit is defective 

• Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I'm not sure I should be praised as correct yet.   :)  @DewManI think what you posted refers to testing the ISC.  You put in that code and listen for its operation.  But maybe the display is suggesting that test.  (?)

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

I'm not sure I should be praised as correct yet.   :)  @DewManI think what you posted refers to testing the ISC.  You put in that code and listen for its operation.  But maybe the display is suggesting that test.  (?)

I'm sure one of the issues listed in the links you posted are the most likely culprits. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Thank you triple Jim. I looked at the older post and found my problem. The backup 2 (10amp) fuse was blown. And thank you to all the people who commented to help 🤗

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Hunt said:

Thank you triple Jim. I looked at the older post and found my problem. The backup 2 (10amp) fuse was blown. And thank you to all the people who commented to help 🤗

Wow, I'm glad that's all it was.  But I have to wonder why a blown fuse resulted in a high idle, and what caused the fuse to blow.   You're welcome, of course, and I'll keep this in the back of my head for when it happens to me.