The MT-07 Forum

T700 SM build!

Aleksandar13

Aleksandar13
7 hours ago, AP996 said:

Like the exhaust, I’d imagine that short can is fairly loud.

Not that much as I run it with dB killer in... Without the dB very loud and I felt like the bike lost power in the midrange. 

It's very well made and light... Pipewerx make some cool exhaust and very well priced. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

Damm nice project! @Aleksandar13

Continue like that i did already some intake job on mine mt07 based a lot on the @AP996 work and help, although i went a different route, i shortened the intake tracts same size as @AP996. Did, but then for filtering i use DNA air filter and DNA lid, just because i didnt want to have my filtered exposed, because of the police in Portugal, and i really think that what really changes the power band is the intake tracts not the filter by itself. I saw that ny setup has less airflow than the airbox like hordpowers or @AP996 box, because with this setup and starting with the hordspower map on powercommander V, the autotune removes some fuel to attain the same 13.2AFR from 8500-10500 rpm. But i cant have the filter exposed ;-). I though of opening the airbox inside with a dremel and swapping the DNA airfilter abs lid with the ram air afilter Ramair MS-010, still testing and thinking. Also the increased size throttle bodies on stock head, iam thinking on it but not sure if its worth it without a change on head and cams. What do you think from your experience @AP996, is it a thing youre thinking of doing on this project @Aleksandar13?

Great project

• Like 1

Aleksandar13
6 hours ago, Joaoduarte said:

Damm nice project! @Aleksandar13

Continue like that i did already some intake job on mine mt07 based a lot on the @AP996 work and help, although i went a different route, i shortened the intake tracts same size as @AP996. Did, but then for filtering i use DNA air filter and DNA lid, just because i didnt want to have my filtered exposed, because of the police in Portugal, and i really think that what really changes the power band is the intake tracts not the filter by itself. I saw that ny setup has less airflow than the airbox like hordpowers or @AP996 box, because with this setup and starting with the hordspower map on powercommander V, the autotune removes some fuel to attain the same 13.2AFR from 8500-10500 rpm. But i cant have the filter exposed ;-). I though of opening the airbox inside with a dremel and swapping the DNA airfilter abs lid with the ram air afilter Ramair MS-010, still testing and thinking. Also the increased size throttle bodies on stock head, iam thinking on it but not sure if its worth it without a change on head and cams. What do you think from your experience @AP996, is it a thing youre thinking of doing on this project @Aleksandar13?

Great project

I plan on getting the intake sorted on stock bore throttle bodies and then later get them bored out and get some cams done here in the UK. 

I think cams and throttle bodies will go in at the end of the season so I can have time to get them done and get some riding this summer. 

I'm currently waiting for the intake parts. 

@AP996 will be able to answer if it is worth doing the throttle bodies on stock head... But I think he already has head work done.

Aleks 

• Like 1

Aleksandar13
17 hours ago, WWR said:

This is going to be a great build. 

WW/R

Thanks, I can't wait. .. All the intake parts have arrived, pv3 on Monday... so hopefully we can get the parts on the bike during the Easter weekend.... Beringer should arrive in the UK on Monday as well... Fingers crossed. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

Aleksandar13

I am unable to upload more but the stacks are here... The stock airbox is out, it weighs 1300grams... Which is nice... Less weight to carry around... Need to figure out the new stacks and @AP996will kindly help with the map for the Pv3.

Aleks 

IMG-20210327-WA0038.jpeg

• Like 1

Aleksandar13

Bike starts better, feels smooth and has less engine braking, fans come in around 106 and there is less deceleration pop.

Once you ride for a few miles you realise how good the fueling is in the low to mid range and how much more grunt it has...Once the ignition map was loaded the bike felt even more keen to pull and the front feels very light in 2nd and 3d with the occasional small lift over uneven surfaces... Engine is responsive and with the quickshifter it just pulls and sounds fantastic. 

Tested this on the home route where I can go a bit  mad as I know it well and use it weekly..  The sound of the intake is absolutely addictive and it comes alive with full throttle and after 6k rpm... The way it pulls is so much better than stock not even worth comparing... At 7k there is a rush of power and it pulls hard up to 10k now, after 10k there is a slight dip and I think this is where the cat comes in place.

Amazing how much more torque there is and it feels like a different engine. My riding needs to be readjusted to suit, I found myself braking harder and later as before because the bike was gaining more speed than I was expecting in the same amount of time on acceleration between corners.

Really happy with the map that @AP996made, I thank him for the information and help provided. Without him this could have not been the first t7 with velocity stacks and filter. 

Next challenge to get the Beringer in place and lose more weight. And after that is done we can spend time thinking about the cams. 

Aleks 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Bike starts better, feels smooth and has less engine braking, fans come in around 106 and there is less deceleration pop.

Once you ride for a few miles you realise how good the fueling is in the low to mid range and how much more grunt it has...Once the ignition map was loaded the bike felt even more keen to pull and the front feels very light in 2nd and 3d with the occasional small lift over uneven surfaces... Engine is responsive and with the quickshifter it just pulls and sounds fantastic. 

Tested this on the home route where I can go a bit  mad as I know it well and use it weekly..  The sound of the intake is absolutely addictive and it comes alive with full throttle and after 6k rpm... The way it pulls is so much better than stock not even worth comparing... At 7k there is a rush of power and it pulls hard up to 10k now, after 10k there is a slight dip and I think this is where the cat comes in place.

Amazing how much more torque there is and it feels like a different engine. My riding needs to be readjusted to suit, I found myself braking harder and later as before because the bike was gaining more speed than I was expecting in the same amount of time on acceleration between corners.

Really happy with the map that @AP996made, I thank him for the information and help provided. Without him this could have not been the first t7 with velocity stacks and filter. 

Next challenge to get the Beringer in place and lose more weight. And after that is done we can spend time thinking about the cams. 

Aleks 

I felt exactly what you described about the feel with that intake the rush till 10k, i think to have the rush till rev limit, i think its only possible with shorter intake tracts or pod filters directly mounted. Good build ;&)

• Like 1

Aleksandar13

@bellissimoto thank you for all the support check the above review of the tune and the stacks... This is what came today... Thursday we start assembly of the front brake. 

IMG-20210329-WA0045.jpeg

• Like 2

Aleksandar13

Massive improvement over the stock brakes and lost 3kg of weight... Really happy with the outcome... Hard work yesterday to get everything sorted but it was worth it. 

Headers today and hopefully going out for a longer ride to test. 

Aleks 

IMG_20210402_084844_313.jpg

• Like 2

Aleksandar13

Spent another 3 hours playing with Gina... Brakes are awesome and due to the map and the brakes it allows me to do stupid things which I never thought were possible... Fantastic bike this has become... I've managed to snap a stud while attempting to change the exhaust headers so the bike is now with a shop and they will change the stud and put the headers on. I've also ordered a new end can from Lextek a longer one and road legal... Mine will be to loud for the shorty exhaust that I have. 

Good progress and very pleased with the outcome...👍🏼 

20210402123007_IMG_2120.jpg

Edited by Aleksandar13
  • Like 1

Aleksandar13
2 hours ago, AP996 said:

Looking good, pity about the exhaust stud, especially with the sun shining today.

Yes true, but wife made some plans anyway... Look forward to getting the bike back on track for next weekend and getting out again. 

Aleks 

Aleksandar13

End can and New headers are on, @AP996thanks for all the support, has become a torque monster with awesome sound, I've adjusted the master cylinder to have more feel... Spend 2 hours today and it was great.. 👍🏼

Aleks 

20210411102122_IMG_2150.jpg

• Like 1