The MT-07 Forum

Best Exhaust for MT-07?

BigCountry

I'm looking at getting a new exhaust.  What are everyone's recommendations?  I want something that will bring out the throaty sound of the bike but not screaming loud to piss the neighbors or areas around me off.  I've been looking at the Yoshimura R77 but I'm afraid it will be too loud. 

Edited by BigCountry

Yosh and M4 I believe are some of the loudest. Graves and Akra seem to have a good balance of the throaty sound while not being obnoxious. An Akra with the silencer in isn't much louder than stock if you want to go that route. 

I personally have a Graves with the silencer out and I love the way it sounds. I don't find it crazy loud, but found I needed some ear plugs because of the combination of the exhaust and wind noise at highway speeds. I'm sure others on here have a lot more experience with some of the other brands out there, though. 

1 minute ago, 7fold said:

Yosh and M4 I believe are some of the loudest. Graves and Akra seem to have a good balance of the throaty sound while not being obnoxious. An Akra with the silencer in isn't much louder than stock if you want to go that route. 

I personally have a Graves with the silencer out and I love the way it sounds. I don't find it crazy loud, but found I needed some ear plugs because of the combination of the exhaust and wind noise at highway speeds. I'm sure others on here have a lot more experience with some of the other brands out there, though. 

Okay sweet.  I also looked at Akra and was nervous about that one as well but I'll have to look up the Graves more in detail.  Thanks for the feedback!

Akra ti with db killer in isnt much louder than stock, Akra ti with db killer out is painfully loud.

Blackwidow has a very nice throaty tone, not too loud with baffle in, and still quieter than Akra with db killers removed

I'm assuming Yoshi is similar to Blackwidow, they look very close in size and construction. Blackwidow also has options for length of the silencer pipe so the shorter ones will probably be louder. I've only heard the carbon oval one, not sure how much difference there would be to the round ones.

Graves is my personal favourite for sound and looks, but damn it is pricey

My friend has an Akra ti that had the baffle removed, he ended up installing the baffle from an MT-09 Akra and it made it sound much better. Much nicer than the MT-07 Akra but not too loud

Edited by Loch
a letter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loch said:

Akra ti with db killer in isnt much louder than stock, Akra ti with db killer out is painfully loud.

Blackwidow has a very nice throaty tone, not too loud with baffle in, and still quieter than Akra with db killers removed

I'm assuming Yoshi is similar to Blackwidow, they look very close in size and construction. Blackwidow also has options for length of the silencer pipe so the shorter ones will probably be louder. I've only heard the carbon oval one, not sure how much difference there would be to the round ones.

Graves is my personal favourite for sound and looks, but damn it is pricey

My friend has an Akra ti that had the baffle removed, he ended up installing the baffle from an MT-09 Akra and it made it sound much better. Much nicer than the MT-07 Akra but not too loud

Awesome thanks for the feedback.  I've heard the Yosh R77 in person before (the carbon one) and it sounded good but it was at idle and a little rev.  Didn't hear it on the road so idk if it would be too obnoxious or not.

For those that want a little more volume out of the Akra Ti, many people seem to tweak the DB killer by removing it and either drilling holes into the inner tubes or shortening the tubes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seven said:

For those that want a little more volume out of the Akra Ti, many people seem to tweak the DB killer by removing it and either drilling holes into the inner tubes or shortening the tubes.

I should have added the part of putting the DB killer back in after the modification...hopefully that was obvious. LOL

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
TwoExpert01

I went with the Toce Razor Tip exhaust and it's definitely louddddddd.  It's different than most other exhausts as it sounds like a low growl that rattles your rib cage. Kind of like a supercharged v8 mustang engine rather than a high pitched import (like most supersport bikes).  Just depends what kind of sound you're going for.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 2:27 PM, seven said:

My friend did this on his, it was louder but sounded terrible afterward. He ordered the DB Killer for the MT-09 Akra Ti, cut it to length to fit the mt07 exhaust, and it sounds muuuuuuch better than any other combination with that exhaust. 

topazsparrow

Akra Ti with the FZ-09 akra tip sounds nice. If you're not able to cut it (who doesn't have a hacksaw?) you can also order the RC8 KTM tip that's a direct fit for the baffle and sounds awesome.

thread here:

RC8 baffle part is: Partno.: 69005283020

strongarmcynic
On 3/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, BigCountry said:

I'm looking at getting a new exhaust.  What are everyone's recommendations?  I want something that will bring out the throaty sound of the bike but not screaming loud to piss the neighbors or areas around me off.  I've been looking at the Yoshimura R77 but I'm afraid it will be too loud. 

I love the Arrow race system with the dg killer. Its Very throaty and not super loud with the db killer. You can get the black muffler or the titanium one.

Parts #'s

Headers: 71735MI

Titanium muffler: 71920PK

Black muffler: 71920PKN

218479665_519310082854360_1949548871203102013_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
joseph Greece

hello from Greece europe

my exhaust...amazing sound price per power and quality

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Installed Mivv GP Pro with catalyst on my MT07 2021 ... chec out install video and sound with and without db killer