The MT-07 Forum

Throttle Tube with No Thread

lovinthedrummin

lovinthedrummin

Hi Everyone,

New rider. I bought a used 2017 FZ07 and the throttle side bar end fell off. I replaced it with an end that uses an expandable anchor to secure inside as the attachment method. It has become loose and I found it's because the previous owner must have installed an after market throttle tube and never cut it down to size. So if you tightened too much it was dangerous and the throttle stuck. If loosened it would be a useless bar mirror end or even fall off.

I just did a hack job and cut down the tube and it all works. I'm still interested to know what tube is this. What does it do and why can't I see the metal bar that should be inside? It's all plastic looking and smooth.

20210313_175140.jpg

• Premium Member

The OEM handlebar takes a screw in bar-ends. I dont see threads on the inside of your handlebar in the picture.

An OEM throttle tube is open on the end and shouldn't be long enough to extend out past the end of the OEM bar with the throttle assembly in the stock location that is pinned in place by a nub that fits into a corresponding hole in the OEM bar.

I'm wonderiing if the orginal bar was replaced with something aftermarket?

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.