The MT-07 Forum

LED headlight option

jerryv

Yeah it rubs on the frame and won't stay adjusted. Had to return it. The cable is plenty long enough though if you don't mind not having an adjusted headlight and rubbing on the frame and scratching the piss out of it go for it. 

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec

• Global Moderator

It looks like an AC plug on the end. Is that what the plug on the bike looks like? I am not at home for a few days so I cannot just go out to the garage and look.

• Like 1

It looks like an AC plug on the end. Is that what the plug on the bike looks like? I am not at home for a few days so I cannot just go out to the garage and look.
Yes, it looks like one does it? 

It's 3 pronged and supposed to match the stock plug. Crap .. rubs on the frame? Dang, I bought it today but have not tried to install it. Too danged cold out. Maybe I will return it. Looked like a good deal too :(

• Global Moderator

If I was you I would try to install it. Maybe your cord is a little bit longer and it will fit. Let us know what you do.

>:(  Since I bought it, figured I'd try it anyway and as Trebec said, it does not fit. The fan extends a bit too much and it makes contact with the downtube. What a bummer! Guess that is going back tomorrow.
  • Like 1

• 8 years later...

Cyclops LED's seem to be the best bet overall. A lot of the cheaper LED's usually end up having issues with overheating or not being able to handle the vibrations and a lot of people who try them out typically wind up with cyclops bulbs in the long run. There are some decent alternatives out there, I'm sure, but sometimes it's down to luck.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

I have had the same Cyclops bulb in my bike since 2015 with no issues.  I had to re-aim the headlight once I installed it, but it has performed flawlessly. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 7fold said:

Cyclops LED's seem to be the best bet overall. A lot of the cheaper LED's usually end up having issues with overheating or not being able to handle the vibrations and a lot of people who try them out typically wind up with cyclops bulbs in the long run. There are some decent alternatives out there, I'm sure, but sometimes it's down to luck.

Thanks, Sounds good. Is this the correct one to get? should I go “Ultra”?

12 hours ago, Zarralax said:

Thanks, Sounds good. Is this the correct one to get? should I go “Ultra”?

Yup - that's the one; H4 is the right size for the main bulb. I went with the ultra option since I occasionally ride on some back roads that have zero street lights for miles, so I wanted the extra boost of light from all 4 emitters but I haven't seen what kind of throw the normal option has, so it's tough for me to say if it was really worth it since I can't compare the 2. What I will say is that the cyclops light absolutely blows the stock headlight bulb out of the water in terms of output. I ride with my fiancé with her ninja 300 (I usually let her lead) and at night, my headlight from the rear actually illuminates more than her headlight in the front. 

If you do any amount of riding at night, I'd say the upgrade is 100% worth being able to see more of your surroundings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7fold said:

Yup - that's the one; H4 is the right size for the main bulb. I went with the ultra option since I occasionally ride on some back roads that have zero street lights for miles, so I wanted the extra boost of light from all 4 emitters but I haven't seen what kind of throw the normal option has, so it's tough for me to say if it was really worth it since I can't compare the 2. What I will say is that the cyclops light absolutely blows the stock headlight bulb out of the water in terms of output. I ride with my fiancé with her ninja 300 (I usually let her lead) and at night, my headlight from the rear actually illuminates more than her headlight in the front. 

If you do any amount of riding at night, I'd say the upgrade is 100% worth being able to see more of your surroundings.

Awesome thanks @7fold