The MT-07 Forum

Rear ended in a collision Austin TX. Need help finding plastics

atxjax

Austin is getting to be a city where it's  scary to ride a bike in. Got hit from behind this weekend. Driver fled the scene. Actively working with police to identify. Car has insurance through State Farm. Not sure if I should get a lawyer. I landed on my knee and rolled, upon hitting ground I felt my back pop. 

Ill also need help with part #'s for my rear tail plastics and such. The left and right cover. I have the MD fender eliminator and the sequencial tailight. Left bar end got scuffed, passenger right side foot peg bracket broke, tire gouged, frame sliders gouged, left side rearset foot bed broke off the metal rod at bottom, handlebar bent. I want to get a aftermarket handlebar that is close to stock. Anyone have the specs of the stock bar? 

Video of collision here

https://vimeo.com/user135222922

Edited by atxjax
update with collision info
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, atxjax said:

Got hit from behind this weekend. Bike went down and handle bar bent. I want to get a aftermarket handlebar that is close to stock. Anyone have the specs of the stock bar? 

Sorry, I don't have the specs but I hope you are okay. What happened? Is the back of the bike fine?

Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope that your OK. The part # for the  stock bars on my 2017  is 

1WS-26111-00-00.   I changed mine to Pro taper adventure bars with Risers.  I still have the original bars with he Bar ends. They are like new and silver. $50.00 + shipping if you would like them.

11 minutes ago, scat2me said:

Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope that your OK. The part # for the  stock bars on my 2017  is 

1WS-26111-00-00.   I changed mine to Pro taper adventure bars with Risers.  I still have the original bars with he Bar ends. They are like new and silver. $50.00 + shipping if you would like them.

Appreciate it. I am ok. Just a bit sore from impact and the roll. My doctor wants to check back with me by Friday to see how I'm doing. My lower back still hurts. 

I'll keep in mind your bar and ends. I wanted to get some that were a little higher so I can ride more upright. I supposed I can get get a riser and add it to the stock mount. 

Partzilla should have all the part numbers and prices.  Heal quickly... I can relate to back problems.