The MT-07 Forum

Engine Ice

cornerslider

• Premium Member
cornerslider

How often do people change out Engine Ice coolant??? I have three seasons on mine. I've never kept a bike long enough to even consider it before I got my FZ-07 😎-

• Haha 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member

I've not replaced  mine yet on my 2017 but I haven't put that many miles on it either. The fluid still looks new.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

I replace mine every 8,000 miles or two years, which usually occurs at about the same time.

• Premium Member
cornerslider
20 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I replace mine every 8,000 miles or two years, which usually occurs at about the same time.

That's about where I'm at with mileage.... I guess I'm gonna replace it before the season starts. Thanks for the replies 😎-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Global Moderator

Funny, I put 20K miles on my bike in 7 mos in 2020 and when I dumped the coolant so I could blackout radiator a couple of weeks ago it looked fine.

Don't do what I did, it just happened that way, even while I was changing oil every 3K and air f every 7K

I replace it once a year regardless of Mileage. As a matter of fact I change the oil and filter as well once a year unless the mileage requires a more frequent change. The cost is so low on the fluids it doesn't make sense to not change it. It also gives me the opportunity to get a closer look at the bike and make sure there are no other issues.

Edited by scat2me
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve always used regular coolant and really don’t flush it that often. What’s been your take on engine ice first season I’m using it.

Civiltechyyc

I just started using Engine Ice. I typically do the brake fluid and coolant at the same time so every two years before taking it out of winter storage.