The MT-07 Forum

So I stopped by the Triumph dealer the other day...

Guest MXRider

That's a nice looking bike but my wrists ache just looking at it.
Gotta ride it properly ;)
I don't see how anyone can avoid putting weight on their wrists with this style of handle bar. I've rode them and all I could do to fight the wrist ache was to alternate letting go often with each hand and that don't cut it. The only thing I can think of is to use a tank bag filled with something soft and rest your chest on it to take pressure off your wrists. If you know of something else, please tell me, I'd like to know for future reference so I don't have to use a tank bag.

Beemer

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

If I were to get a Middleweight sport bike the Daytona would be it. But alas that would be some time in the future. I'm quite happy with my FZ-07 now.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

missourifz07
Gotta ride it properly ;)
I don't see how anyone can avoid putting weight on their wrists with this style of handle bar. I've rode them and all I could do to fight the wrist ache was to alternate letting go often with each hand and that don't cut it. The only thing I can think of is to use a tank bag filled with something soft and rest your chest on it to take pressure off your wrists. If you know of something else, please tell me, I'd like to know for future reference so I don't have to use a tank bag.
You've got to grip the tank with your legs a little more and use your core to keep you upright. That will take the pressure off of wrists. Ya gotta keep them arms soft. 

You've got to grip the tank with your legs a little more and use your core to keep you upright. That will take the pressure off of wrists. Ya gotta keep them arms soft.
Oh, I see, no wonder I have that 'Blubberella' figure!

Beemer

Guest cjwwd2
This ^ 
Notice the black tank pads on my bike? You use your legs to grip the bike and use your core to keep you upright enough to take the pressure off your wrists.

Archived