The MT-07 Forum

So I stopped by the Triumph dealer the other day...

Guest MXRider

Guest MXRider

I had some time to kill last Friday after work and I was in the area of a Triumph motorcycle dealer so I decided to stop in. As I walk in the door I am greeted by this beauty on a race stand, the 2015 Daytona 675R in matte black.

image.php?image=1&id=2015dayto675r&size=data

Nearly everything about this machine just speaks to me. The Öhlins NIX 30 forks and TTX36 shock, the Brembo monoblock calipers with ABS, a factory installed quick shifter, carbon bits everywhere, a beautifully crafted triple engine with loads of power, grippy Pirelli Supercorsa tires, and the gentlemen's graphics. I'm a bit of a tech nerd, and I love kitted out bikes more than I probably should, so bikes like these really draw me in. There is something about their level of refinement and attention to detail over the base machines that speak to me in ways no other inanimate object does. Like that girl that is out of your league but somehow you get a chance to date anyway.

It's kinda funny since I didn't really have much desire to get a true sport bike again after my Honda 600RR race bike got sold, but lately I've been getting that itch again. The desire to own a machine that is far more capable than I am. One with high end parts everyplace you look, and that unmistakable panache that only comes with exotic machines.

I've booked a test ride on a base model for Saturday (no rides on the R currently), weather permitting of course. Wish me luck.

• Global Moderator

That looks fantastic. I hate to ask what it costs (I know, if I have to ask I cannot afford it :) ). Let us know what you think after the test ride. I have a friend with a Street Triple and that is a nice bike to ride.

Guest MXRider

That is a major downside to this machine. It would be $15k+ after tax and registration fees. But I did just free up a lot of other money recently by selling my truck and downgrading to a more modest "cage". But considering the high end bits and the 125 bhp on tap it's worth it from what I've read. The Street Triple R also interests me, but when I compare specs and equipment to cost for a new machine this tips the scales in the Daytona's favor.

scordiaboy515

Check out the limited production Jason DeSalvo Edition, signed by him on the tank....bad a@@!...http://www.triumphrat.net/fun-bike-center-motorsports/325802-extremely-limited-edition-daytona-675-jason-disalvo-replica-number-16-of-40-a.html

Guest MXRider
Check out the limited production Jason DeSalvo signature model....bad a@@!
They had one of those too, but it's a base model not an R. Not interested. Though I did like the rear sets and exhaust the DeSalvo edition came with.

Which Triumph dealer? I'm in Alexandria and often visit Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis. I love the Daytona and if I were planning track days would buy either that or the BMW 1000 RR. I just couldn't take the tuck position for very long.
When I rip the throttle on the FZ it reminds me she has the juice.
Now over to the aftermarket shock threads...

• Premium Member

I'd ride it... twice.

Kidding aside, that's a beautiful machine with excellent engineering characteristics. Would be nice to come across a used one in a few years, I just couldn't drop that much loot at the time being.

Everything went braap.

scordiaboy515
Which Triumph dealer? I'm in Alexandria and often visit Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis. I love the Daytona and if I were planning track days would buy either that or the BMW 1000 RR. I just couldn't take the tuck position for very long. When I rip the throttle on the FZ it reminds me she has the juice.
     Hey targaflorio, are you Italian/Sicilian?......or just a fan of that great race? 

Guest MXRider

Which Triumph dealer? I'm in Alexandria and often visit Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis. I love the Daytona and if I were planning track days would buy either that or the BMW 1000 RR. I just couldn't take the tuck position for very long. When I rip the throttle on the FZ it reminds me she has the juice.

Triumph Manassas.

I had some time to kill last Friday after work and I was in the area of a Triumph motorcycle dealer so I decided to stop in. As I walk in the door I am greeted by this beauty on a race stand, the 2015 Daytona 675R in matte black. 
image.php?image=1&id=2015dayto675r&size=data

Nearly everything about this machine just speaks to me. The Öhlins NIX 30 forks and TTX36 shock, the Brembo monoblock calipers with ABS, a factory installed quick shifter, carbon bits everywhere, a beautifully crafted triple engine with loads of power, grippy Pirelli Supercorsa tires, and the gentlemen's graphics. I'm a bit of a tech nerd, and I love kitted out bikes more than I probably should, so bikes like these really draw me in. There is something about their level of refinement and attention to detail over the base machines that speak to me in ways no other inanimate object does. Like that girl that is out of your league but somehow you get a chance to date anyway.

It's kinda funny since I didn't really have much desire to get a true sport bike again after my Honda 600RR race bike got sold, but lately I've been getting that itch again. The desire to own a machine that is far more capable than I am. One with high end parts everyplace you look, and that unmistakable panache that only comes with exotic machines.

I've booked a test ride on a base model for Saturday (no rides on the R currently), weather permitting of course. Wish me luck.

that's an awesome bike and I can't wait till I smoke one on my $8,000 FZ-09!

• Premium Member

Looks good. For that price you can get a BMW S1000r premium or the newer RR which is almost 200 hp. Just my preference though. Some of the bikes that are coming out nowadays are amazingly beautiful and have so many features built in.

Guest MXRider
They are pretty closely matched in power and weight. A little more hp on the Daytona and about 5 pounds lighter on the FZ. I'm sure the FZ is more comfy on a long ride.

Guest MXRider
Looks good. For that price you can get a BMW S1000r premium or the newer RR which is almost 200 hp. Just my preference though. Some of the bikes that are coming out nowadays are amazingly beautiful and have so many features built in.
Yeah for the money they want you are getting into Panigale, S1000R, RSV4, territory. But I have no need for a liter bike. A 125 hp middleweight is more than enough for me. Cheaper insurance rates too.

Got to do what the heart tells you to do.
I love triumphs, I just don't have any reputable dealers close by and it scares me to think how far I would have to traVel to get any warranty work done if need be.  Good luck to you, take some pics and let us know what happs' 

Guest MXRider

There seems to be a few dealers nearby and the one in my hometown is pretty good. I'm not one to have a dealer work on my stuff unless it's a warranty issue so that helps.

Got to do what the heart tells you to do. I love triumphs, I just don't have any reputable dealers close by and it scares me to think how far I would have to traVel to get any warranty work done if need be.  Good luck to you, take some pics and let us know what happs' 
That's why I sold mine .. Triumph dealer network has been collapsing.  The bikes are reliable but parts hard to come by and expensive, just a hassle.

Guest MXRider
Got to do what the heart tells you to do. I love triumphs, I just don't have any reputable dealers close by and it scares me to think how far I would have to traVel to get any warranty work done if need be.  Good luck to you, take some pics and let us know what happs' 
That's why I sold mine .. Triumph dealer network has been collapsing.  The bikes are reliable but parts hard to come by and expensive, just a hassle.
I've heard from friends who work in the industry that the problem is with Triumph themselves, and that they make it hard on dealers to operate and be profitable. Not sure why that is considering the success they have been getting with their bikes, especially the 675 Daytona and Street Triple in the past 5 years. 

I've heard from friends who work in the industry that the problem is with Triumph themselves, and that they make it hard on dealers to operate and be profitable. Not sure why that is considering the success they have been getting with their bikes, especially the 675 Daytona and Street Triple in the past 5 years. 

It's too bad .. the build and reliability are really excellent.  My 2000 Triumph never let me down.  My problem was neglect because of the winters here in the NE.  Got the carbs all gummed up.  I don't miss carbs!  Most if not all, have EFI these days. 

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
howworkclutch
They are pretty closely matched in power and weight. A little more hp on the Daytona and about 5 pounds lighter on the FZ. I'm sure the FZ is more comfy on a long ride.
a friend of mine has one.  that bike is hands-down the sweetest machine you can buy. 
we ran it at the drag strip and it ate everything in sight.

we ran it over two mountain ridges and only the very best riders on highly tuned machines could keep up.

we ran it cross-country on a fairly crap 2-day interstate run and my buddy said the suspension was like riding on pillows (not on the race setting).

the 675r is the best damned motorcycle i've ever ridden, and if i could afford one: i'd have it.

-HowWorkClutch

Archived