The MT-07 Forum

Airbag Vests Review

bornagainbiker

Interesting data. 

I can't help but to think of the lowsides I've had and how very few of them actually separated me from the bike. I still hit the ground, I just happened to slide along with the bike. Also, the video footage of the Honda airbag when the bike t-bones a car...tether wouldn't activate in that situation.  Crashes are random, so that's not a knock against a tether as a trigger. It's impossible to foresee every eventuality.

Perhaps a mix of analog triggering ( tether) and digital triggers combine will find the sweet spot.

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2021 at 11:30 AM, shinyribs said:

Interesting data. 

I can't help but to think of the lowsides I've had and how very few of them actually separated me from the bike. I still hit the ground, I just happened to slide along with the bike. Also, the video footage of the Honda airbag when the bike t-bones a car...tether wouldn't activate in that situation.  Crashes are random, so that's not a knock against a tether as a trigger. It's impossible to foresee every eventuality.

Perhaps a mix of analog triggering ( tether) and digital triggers combine will find the sweet spot.

Same train of thought. I have a tethered airbag vest by Spidi. I do not know how effective it will be in a lowside, but I think it will be better for high sides. I hope I never need to use it, but it also brings some peace at mind. I agree with you, electronic for any falls + tethered for redundancy would be great, but also sounds expensive.