The MT-07 Forum

2020 MT-07 600 mile service done

JeffL

Howdy,

I just had the 600 mile service done on my 2020 MT-07 in the SF Bay Area. $354.75 (parts were $39 - the rest labor). I was surprised to see 70% brake pads front and rear. Now on to higher RPM's! 

Jeff

I assume that's 70% remaining.  At 600 miles mine were indistinguishable from new ones.

Man, I'm glad I did my 600  mile service myself.  I wondered what the cost would be, but I didn't expect it would be that much.

Yeah, I knew the cost was pretty high (about average after some research) but wanted the 1st service done by the dealer I purchased from. Next maintenance  (4000 miles) I'll do myself. 

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

I always negotiate the 1st service to be free when I buy a new bike. Never had the dealer not do it.

• Like 1

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

50 minutes ago, Littlebriar said:

I always negotiate the 1st service to be free when I buy a new bike. Never had the dealer not do it.

Just negotiate the price before you ask for the "free" service.  :)

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

Just negotiate the price before you ask for the "free" service.

Yes, work hard to get the best price you can. Independent of financing and other extras. Once you're happy with the price, then start working on the free extras that you want. Make sure you have convinced him that you are a serious buying and not just shopping around.

• Like 1

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan